cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[][][] Scrounge Lounge - Holiday Season 2021 [][][]

Welcome to the Scrounge Lounge 

Gearing up for the Holiday Season. How are sales? What's working (or not working) for you?

Our History: The Scrounge Lounge formed on the old Auction Listings board 18 years ago in 2003.
We appreciate eBay allowing us to transfer to the new Selling Board.

Who are we? eBay buyers and sellers who love the thrill of the hunt and the thrill of the $ELL.
We find treasures in the usual, and at times, unusual places.
Here in the Lounge we share our finds, talk about sales, share our successes and our mistakes, we ask and answer questions, help identify widgets, and we'd love to hear about all your scrounging adventures!

Message 1 of 60
latest reply
59 REPLIES 59

Re: [][][] Scrounge Lounge - Holiday Season 2021 [][][]

Wow! How's that for instant service? Popped in this morning and "view listings" is back (right after signing/clicking I AGREE on the latest policy. Glad to see it.

Correction: it's only on my ID. Y'all need to hurry up on clicking those agreements 😉

Message 16 of 60
latest reply

I was able to locate the user agreement manifesto, but not the agreement itself, so my listings aren’t linked here. 

Also, when I try to reply to a post here, I immediately get the “an unexpected error occurred” message.  I can only reply to the board “in general” but not to an individual post.  Frustrating. 

Message 17 of 60
latest reply

Kyal, I can see "view listings" below "trailblazer" on your ID. It wasn't there when I posted last time, so you did something right. It's still not there on Pat's ID or Teacup's ID. As for the reply button, I haven't had that problem (yet) maybe just a hiccup. 

Message 18 of 60
latest reply

I see it there, too. 

No idea what I did. 

Message 19 of 60
latest reply

AND - I can now reply to a post without getting the error message. Hip-hip-hooray!

Message 20 of 60
latest reply

Happy Thanksgiving to you all.    Hope it is a good one.       Safe travels for those who are driving.  

Dark cloudy and windy here.     Auctions are still high priced.     Life does go on though.    

Message 21 of 60
latest reply

Just stopping by to wish everyone a 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Message 22 of 60
latest reply

Happy Thanksgiving from sunny Florida! Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Judy

Message 23 of 60
latest reply

Happy Left-Overs Day! 

Hope everyone had an enjoyable feast day. If you cooked yesterday, I hope you can relax and put your feet up today. 

Sun and Judy glad to see you found your way to the new thread.

I have to make a post office run later. Hopefully it won't be crowded. I anticipate by Monday I'll start avoiding the PO and use carrier pickup whenever possible. Lines at Christmas make me want to step in and takeover telling each customer the best way to ship their presents. I swear the staff doesn't always know and there are some that don't seem to care. I guess if you ship once a year you just roll with the suggestion of Large Flat Rate without exploring other option and are never the wiser.

Sales continue to trickle in. I keep sending out offers to watchers and accept most offers received. Sometimes a bird in the hand is better than a buck or two left in the bush. 

Someone just paid... better get back to work.

Message 24 of 60
latest reply

I hope everyone has had a great holiday weekend.  We visited daughter and SIL in Louisville for the festivities. They and my better half participated in a road race, and my wife (the generosity of women never ceases to amaze me) finished third in her age group.  

I underplayed it a bit it when I told her that I had bid on a few vintage crazy quilts the other day in an online auction. When we went to pick them up, there were 24.  

Today is a live auction. The photos don’t look all that promising, but I’ll let you know. 

Message 25 of 60
latest reply

Auction went about as expected. A couple items I wish I had stayed in on, a couple I wish I had quit on, and several moneymakers.  quite a few out of the ordinary lots, which I like. 

Message 26 of 60
latest reply

Yet another zero-feedback, non paying and non communicating bidder.  They always pop up around the holidays for me. 

And yeah, I know we all had zero FB once upon a time. But it grows tiresome.  I really don’t want to implement a “don’t bid if you don’t have feedback” policy. 

Message 27 of 60
latest reply

I know some of you buy and sell Christmas stuff.  Here's a link to an online auction that is 60 miles away, in the town where my daughter went to undergraduate school.  It has 450 Department 56 buildings and accessories in the original packages.

https://www.apro.bid/auction/allen-gaines-estate-auction-2-4317/bidgallery/

Message 28 of 60
latest reply

Dtex was the resident expert on Dept. 56

I love collecting and selling Christmas stuff but the only thing I know about Dept. 56 buildings are that some of them will bring a pretty penny. I wish I knew which ones. I came across a large collection at a recent yard sale but had no idea what was what and they weren't cheap enough to gamble on.

Kyal sorry about the newbie. I had another one too. At least ebay made it easier to file for fvf credit. 

Message 29 of 60
latest reply

Seems like not all that long ago I had to wait two weeks before I could get the credit for a non-payer.   Now that I don’t have to wait as long, I just cancel the order after a few da

Message 30 of 60
latest reply