cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scams by eBay?

eBay rep said we won't give money, we take it!

I called early to get help before these fees went up on API listing. They actually let it go through and said "you did it" then took hundreds of dollars from me. WOW!

ebay is not right!

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Scams by eBay?

You can telephone CS again and speak with a different rep, reargue the issue, sometimes that may work.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Ebay freaking rocks!

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@inyourunderwear wrote:

eBay rep said we won't give money, we take it!

I called early to get help before these fees went up on API listing. They actually let it go through and said "you did it" then took hundreds of dollars from me. WOW!

ebay is not right!

@inyourunderwear  can you explain, in detail what happened?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I can only post positive messages per Feebay, Fbay rocks!  😉

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

There are many good things but that was a bad move. Now I have I raise prices a bit. Not a quitter here. TRUST!
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@inyourunderwear wrote:
There are many good things but that was a bad move. Now I have I raise prices a bit. Not a quitter here. TRUST!

Again, you have not explained in detail what happened, and I for one have no idea what you are talking about.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

Long story short I was working on my same 19 listings for 2 years that acquired $32 in fees a month. When SETTING UP listing API glitches can happen.

- The first month I acquired roughly $250 in listing fees. Called in and they said:
"We see and understand."
"We can CREDIT that one time."

- I was thankful because they can see the difference in $250 a month and $30 a month. I figured I would be working on it so I called in seven or more times in 1 week to make sure they apply it at the end. I was told every time:
"There is a note, we will credit, don't worry" and I said I didn't want this to happen.

-They pushed it early inadvertently anyway and only paid $129 and it totaled roughly $500
But because they give the credit 1 time they can no longer help. When I called over 7 times to deal with on recorded calls and was told they understand I'm right and they will make sure it. So they were getting paid 2x and saying we can't help.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

@willialloy_8 wrote:

Ebay freaking rocks!

Are you referring to the "rocks" scam buyers send back for a refund, instead of the seller's item? Smiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

@inyourunderwear wrote:
Long story short I was working on my same 19 listings for 2 years that acquired $32 in fees a month. When SETTING UP listing API glitches can happen.

- The first month I acquired roughly $250 in listing fees. Called in and they said:
"We see and understand."
"We can CREDIT that one time."

- I was thankful because they can see the difference in $250 a month and $30 a month. I figured I would be working on it so I called in seven or more times in 1 week to make sure they apply it at the end. I was told every time:
"There is a note, we will credit, don't worry" and I said I didn't want this to happen.

-They pushed it early inadvertently anyway and only paid $129 and it totaled roughly $500
But because they give the credit 1 time they can no longer help. When I called over 7 times to deal with on recorded calls and was told they understand I'm right and they will make sure it. So they were getting paid 2x and saying we can't help.

You haven't explained what the additional fees were FOR.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

The fees are "relisting fees" + "advanced upgrade fees" that are supposed to get fully credited according to eBay policy. I found them after this thread. On top of that its a "Good Til canceled" listing. Go read up on those. I'm calling back today!
Message 11 of 11
latest reply