cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales, what...?

Hi everybody!

Is something going wrong on Ebay?

Is there a huge decline in sales in general?

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Sales, what...?

Sales are as sporadic as we've seen in a long time, should be a great time for sales for us, and instead nothing, our sales are less than half of what they were a month ago and much less than dec-jan.  And we have heard and experienced all the ups and downs of sales( after xmas slump, seasonal, taxes, weather,etc, etc.), hoping its a combination of above, good luck everybody.

Message 2 of 94
latest reply

Sales, what...?

@gpnexuswrote:

Hi everybody!

Yes

Message 3 of 94
latest reply

Sales, what...?

I was doing really well the last couple of months and then the announcement of the new payment program.  I think it spooked sellers and buyers alike.  I am working away...but extremely slow sales.

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 4 of 94
latest reply

Sales, what...?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was doing well also, But my sells dropped this past week and I am noticing not alot of new views as well... Even Though I listed some more items a few times this week.. Guess the new and up and coming changes is running people off .

Message 5 of 94
latest reply

Sales, what...?

@evry1nositswindywrote:

I was doing really well the last couple of months and then the announcement of the new payment program.  I think it spooked sellers and buyers alike.  I am working away...but extremely slow sales.

My sales were down for the past 3 months, and since the announcement, my sales have gotten to my highest EVER. So I don't think that payment program is spooking anyone.

Message 6 of 94
latest reply

Sales, what...?

So Ebay is not transforming to a new alibaba or aliexpress? Because that is the worst ever!

I am using all the marketing tools available and at a maximum cost, but the decline has been 99%!

Message 7 of 94
latest reply

Sales, what...?

So Ebay is not transforming to a new alibaba?  Because that is the worst ever!

I am using all the marketing tools available and at a maximum cost, but the decline has been 99%!

Message 8 of 94
latest reply

Sales, what...?

No, it comes and goes in fits and starts.  Some items do better fixed price, others auction.  Seasonal helps.  Sometimes offers help.  It also depends on what you are selling and what the trends are.

Message 9 of 94
latest reply

Sales, what...?

@Anonymouswrote:

I was doing well also, But my sells dropped this past week and I am noticing not alot of new views as well... Even Though I listed some more items a few times this week.. Guess the new and up and coming changes is running people off .

So sorry your sales have dropped.

Message 10 of 94
latest reply

Sales, what...?

@gpnexuswrote:

What sort of time period are you talking about - hours, days, weeks, months, years?

The dollar volume of merchandise sold on eBay in the 4th quarter of 2017  was up 12.6% over the previous quarter, and was up 10% over the same quarter last year. 

And it was up 

Message 11 of 94
latest reply

Sales, what...?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the correction, "Sales'  So glad you could still read it even with the typo.

@castlemagicmemorieswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@castlemagicmemorieswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

Message 12 of 94
latest reply

Sales, what...?

@gpnexuswrote:

Hi everybody!

Only with some sellers, like you and me right now. Others are doing fine, and eventually the pendulum will swing in the other direction.

Message 13 of 94
latest reply

Sales, what...?

I was doing well also, But my sells dropped this past week and I am noticing not alot of new views as well... Even Though I listed some more items a few times this week.. Guess the new and up and coming changes is running people off . paullanjay - unquote ----------------------------

Me too , I did great right before Christmas , sale after sale . However in the last few months I doubt I could sell ice water to people in hell . Last year at this time I was selling St Patricks day theme lockets like hot cakes ,, but this year only one less expensive one has sold. Viewership is also way down . Whenever I list a new item ,, I get the curious views ,, but after that no more views happen , it comes to an abrupt halt . Its tax refund time and there's people out there with a few extra bucks to spend ,, but from the looks of things they aren't spending it here . I'm starting to get very  concerned . Tulips 

Message 14 of 94
latest reply

Sales, what...?

@gpnexus  3 IDs here, all separate accounts - just re-did the math:

#1:  No, sales are fine and 11 of the last 12 months were better than the previous year

#2: No, sales are consistent but not growing so they are NOT down

#3: Yes, sales are off despite having similar items to #1 above ... they're down an estimated 50% but the month is young and hope springs eternal

Hope yours pick up ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 15 of 94
latest reply