cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales are horrible! How are your Sales?  Is anyone else experiencing poor sales?

Sales are horrible! How are your Sales?

Disclaimer:  I am not speaking about this account, I am speaking more about my other selling account, the one that I list new things every day, have over 1000 listings, and with a very eclectic mix of goods.     Is anyone else experiencing poor sales?

Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: Sales are horrible! How are your Sales?  Is anyone else experiencing poor sales?

If your sales are dead, did you try making use of promoted listings? I've had good success with it so far.

My sales have been the best they've ever been to be honest. It seems anything and everything I list magically sells. It wasn't like this back in 2016 when I shut my store down because nothing was selling. I think the promoted listings has really helped a lot too.

Out of roughly 450 listings I made this year so far, I had 125 sales for 150+ listings. Some people are buying multiple games at a time.

But sales seem to come all at once, then its dead again. I think its just the time of year. I typically sell the most during the summer months. The fall has always been the worst time of year for me, my sales always seem to tank in September.

Message 2 of 62
latest reply

Re: Sales are horrible! How are your Sales?  Is anyone else experiencing poor sales?

Sales are a little better than usual (note: ebay is now trailing Amazon badly for me). One problem is that I find it almost completely hard to predict what will sell.  

Message 3 of 62
latest reply

Anchor store with over 8000 listings with a large mix.

Down about $1000 over the last 3 weeks though I do see it trending to level out.

Message 4 of 62
latest reply

@getitright1234 wrote:

Sales are horrible! How are your Sales?

Disclaimer:  I am not speaking about this account, I am speaking more about my other selling account, the one that I list new things every day, have over 1000 listings, and with a very eclectic mix of goods.     Is anyone else experiencing poor sales?

This past February went fantastic for me. So far, it's been a bit slow. With warmer weather ahead, hopefully things will pick up. 

Good luck to you.

Message 5 of 62
latest reply

Yes, I ended my Amazon listings a couple of months ago since nothing was moving. I am letting all my Etsy listings expire - sales are so slow there that I will never break even.  I'm tired of babysitting listings on venues with no traffic for my items.

Ebay sales for me have been about average for this time of year.

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 6 of 62
latest reply

I like eBay not only because my sales here are much stronger, but also because my customers' payments are immediate.

With AZ I wait a month to get paid.

Sales are steady to up, which is normal in  my categories for the time of year.

In the same way, November /December was a desert, which again is normal in my categories.

My records go back to 2003.

Message 7 of 62
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I like eBay not only because my sales here are much stronger, but also because my customers' payments are immediate.

With AZ I wait a month to get paid.

Why a month? I let Amazon pay me every two weeks automatically but a friend pays herself once a week.

Message 8 of 62
latest reply

I am listing more often,

I am paying to be promoted,

I have a % off sale

..................................................and I still can not depend on steady sales.   I am beginning to worry a lot!

Message 9 of 62
latest reply

Down Right Horrible start 11 days into March. Gets worse every month, no matter how many new listings I offer nothing is selling or being SEEN as my view counts display. Something continues to grow and change for the worst every month.

Message 10 of 62
latest reply

My  sales all year have been going down hill fast. Based on the new GTC thing I just decided to close my store until I figure things out. 

Message 11 of 62
latest reply

February was a below avg. month.  March started out dismal but then, I had 6 good days.  Back to 3 days without a sale.  More bad streaks than good.  Fortunately, the flea market was very good.  I cannot rely on eBay to keep me afloat.  Good luck to all.

Message 12 of 62
latest reply

Impressions down 90%

Views down 85%

Sales down 78%

I used to be flourishing on ebay. I sold everything. Now...... 

Message 13 of 62
latest reply

My sales have slowed, but i have not been listing regularly which seems to give me a sales boost. Plus this is a slower time for me historically. It will pass, it always has.

In an effort to be of help, since i couldnt see the listings you are concerned about on another ID, i looked at those on this account to see your listing style. It is obvious you put in a great effort in your text and pictures. You might consider increasing your Item Specifics which are being under used now. More information can help drive sales if it is pertinent, such as including sizes and measurements.

The same with titles. Use keywords that buyers would use. For example, your Mission style drawer pulls—i had to open the listing to see what they were. Putting “drawer pulls” in the title will benefit those searching for those items. Sometimes pictures are just not enough information on their own. The text can be every bit as important—in titles, Item Specifics, and Descriptions. That’s what eBay has said.

During slow times, i use the lull to tweak my current listings. There is always room for improvement. When traffic picks up again, they will be optimized and ready. Good luck to you—hoping all goes well. Sales should pick up again soon. You are a great seller and will continue to make great sales!

Message 14 of 62
latest reply

maxcoleart, the internet is changing SO fast. The latest thing when you sell a niche product is social media. Everyone is headed to social media to promote their items and drive traffic to their shops.  Here, there and everywhere. I think it's getting to be the big thing, and no one even comes here anymore to look at artsy items.  I can literally see views go up on an item when I post it on social media with a link say like ebay. This is bugging me. What is everyone paying fees for? If I have to do all the work, to get views, what good are these sites? I'm with the other poster up above. I'm sick of babysitting these sites and all their hair brained schemes. Now we're all headed for managed payments. When it comes here, I'm gone. No way am I letting ebay play bank. They cant even roll out a decent looking watch page. Imagine this on a huge mass scale. No way is this going to go smooth.

Message 15 of 62
latest reply