cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales are Horrible.............anyone else experience this?

Message 1 of 94
latest reply
93 REPLIES 93

Re: Sales are Horrible.............anyone else experience this?

That was in February on the 4th and 5th. I am very appreciative of any sales of you guys trying to help me! I am keeping my hopes up but I am concerned that eBay has an issue that at this point we don’t know how to handle. Thank you again to everyone!

Message 16 of 94
latest reply

I realize what you guys are seeing on my account as I went over to my wife’s account and looked. What the 3 March 4th sales are were not really sales but I had canceled my good to go listings and relisted those items as eBay rep wanted me to do. I still have quantity left on those 3 listings but had sold some previously. I admit I have no idea why they showed up as sales but I would gladly take them now lol! Thank you for your help!

Message 17 of 94
latest reply

Seems completeds are indeed glitchy! Hopefully you have your time to shine sometime this weekend and make a killing!

Message 18 of 94
latest reply

I am experiencing this also it’s so slow 

have many new listings but  it much

seems eBay was down one day not even a message or anything 

is it because of tax season and people are still waiting for money

se are broke but that’s because eBay sales are so down

I do think something is wrong with eBay itself and wonder how we test that theory 

thanks I read but don’t post much

Message 19 of 94
latest reply

Sales from some buyers are just scams.  It is heart breaking since we are raising money for Norther Ca fire victims.  fantastic - unquote -  

True , the scammers are out there  and I suppose it  makes you feel like giving up all together when you run across too many of them,, which thankfully I haven't   . However a  buyer just  messaged me this morning claiming they received an empty package . Unless someone tampered with it,,  there's  just no way that is true . I remember wrapping her order in bubble wrap and mailing it myself . I also remember  thinking I would need to make another necklace  like the one I had sold her  to replace it in my listings  while I  was doing so .  I know I would have noticed a flat weightless package in my hand   in any case . When a tracking number proves delivery  has been made some scammers must  take this route  in claiming they recieved an empty package just to get a free replacement or a refund . I don't want to get a negative mark  but I'm still not quite sure how to respond yet .  I think what your doing is  very honorable  and I wish you great  success . Tulips 

Message 20 of 94
latest reply

@lookng2015wrote:
Define what you mean by horrible.

How's One Ridiculously Recherché Item Bought Lately eBay

Message 21 of 94
latest reply

@memphiskansasgirl123

@memphiskansasgirl123wrote:

3 accounts here ... No, Yes, Yes 

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 22 of 94
latest reply

@mr_lincolnwrote:

@memphiskansasgirl123

@memphiskansasgirl123wrote:

3 accounts here ... No, Yes, Yes 

As you get sales on your 2 new accounts, keep track of whether or not your sales on your first account drop by roughly the amount you gained on the other two accounts. I noticed this on mine. They are all linked together by eBay.

Message 23 of 94
latest reply

I swear there is a regional on/off switch that some toddler at ebay HQ flips up and down constantly.

I have an account on which I sell primarily sports and military collectibles - over the past 8 years or so over 80% of my sales occur on Saturday or Sunday.  I don't believe anyone at ebay HQ has anything to do with that.  I suspect that is when the buyer base for those type of items is shopping - most of the buyers are of the male persuasion. 

It has always been a rare occurrence for me to get multiple purchases from any one state on any one day - the conspiracy theory about regional visibility and sales  has been around for years with no real proof that it is anything but coincidence.   I no longer sell internationally so I have no clue about the visibility of items listed on ebay usa to buyers on ebay au, but I doubt it is either for items sold by Australian sellers in any great quantity or that it is  24/7.  

My total sales have been a bit lighter in 2018 than for the same time frame of 2017, but I am transitioning from two accounts with basic stores to four accounts with no store over the first three months of 2018 - which means doing a major overhaul and cutting my total listings by 50-60%.   And I'll be adding more fresh listings and fewer relists once the transition is complete.   I am optimistic that sales will return to previous levels with more new listings and fewer relists. 

Message 24 of 94
latest reply

As you get sales on your 2 new accounts, keep track of whether or not your sales on your first account drop by roughly the amount you gained on the other two accounts. I noticed this on mine. They are all linked together by eBay.

If my total sales over four accounts with no store fees are in the ballpark of last year's total sales for two parttime store accounts - I'll be a happy camper.   I'm downsizing and merely adding two accounts for personal items to my two business accounts for bookkeeping purposes.   Ebay has been adding $200-$300 profit per month to my retirement income for 8 years now.   From both a tax and standard of living standpoint - that's all I need.

Ebay linking the the accounts together meant that some of the restrictions on new accounts were lifted with just a phone call to ebay. 

Message 25 of 94
latest reply

@kathieskornerwrote:

If my total sales over four accounts with no store fees are in the ballpark of last year's total sales for two parttime store accounts - I'll be a happy camper.   I'm downsizing and merely adding two accounts for personal items to my two business accounts for bookkeeping purposes.   Ebay has been adding $200-$300 profit per month to my retirement income for 8 years now.   From both a tax and standard of living standpoint - that's all I need.

Ebay linking the the accounts together meant that some of the restrictions on new accounts were lifted with just a phone call to ebay. 

I'm not getting what you mean. I will say this though...All accounts under a specific seller are linked by eBay and can never be unlinked. They are also linked by Paypal. 

Message 26 of 94
latest reply

And yet they apparently are unable to link buyer accounts.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 27 of 94
latest reply

My sales have been insanely low.

I blame the recent shipping price increase, which has probably led to a lot of sellers also raising their prices to compensate.  In return, ebay has become less appealing to the buyer, who is now going elsewhere to make purchases. 

If ebay lowered FVFs, worked something out with the USPS so sellers can actually save a nice chunk of change when they print a label through paypal, everyone would win.

Ebay's mindset is more is more, when it should be less is more.

They're slowly destroying their own platform. 

Message 28 of 94
latest reply

@nowthatsjustduckywrote:

And yet they apparently are unable to link buyer accounts.

That's because buyers don't need to provide proof of who they are, like seller have too. 

Message 29 of 94
latest reply

Is it really that difficult to link buyer accounts, considering the PayPal account used would likely be the same?

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 30 of 94
latest reply