cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Plummeted

Hello:)

I  was wondering if any other sellers have seen their sales plummet in the last few months? Not sure if it's due to algorithm, new payment systems or something else.

Just curious to know what your experience is.

Best,

BK POP RELICS

Message 1 of 30
latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

Re: Sales Plummeted

oh yes, Ms.R  just reminded me I should have my winter prebuy coming in the next 2 weeks too. want to see that first before buying to many unnecessary items. 

Message 16 of 30
latest reply

Hello, 

I sell more than beads. I have art, photography and a variety of goods at excellent prices. I went from steady sales to zero after the payment system changed. I have promoted almost all of my listings and also cross promote on my FB and Insta accounts. I wonder if I should continue. I noticed many auctions with items way below their value not getting any bids! Not sure if it's the economy or if the algorithm has been changed. 

Message 17 of 30
latest reply

I did as well, even boosted promotion fee above the recommended. Hopefully it will get better!

Message 18 of 30
latest reply

Thanks Rockstar! You have beautiful rosaries. I hope that sales pick up for you as well 🙂 If I figure out a solution I will share on this thread!  :)))

Message 19 of 30
latest reply

@pop_relics wrote:

I did as well, even boosted promotion fee above the recommended. Hopefully it will get better!

We did also.  Took it above 6-7%.  Views are still way down.  Traffic is WAY down..

Where is the traffic/Buyers??

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 20 of 30
latest reply

Yes SamanthasBoutique, 

This was my experience as well. There were days I had sales that were like the sun was shining on my page, then lights out.... For days...I can't understand what Ebay is doing, if we don't make money they make very little money. The views being reset monthly, changing fees on top of all the required info for a listing makes it tough to keep up.  I guess we will have to keep trying to figure it out, good luck!

Best,

Joann

Message 21 of 30
latest reply

That is a great question...

Message 22 of 30
latest reply

I download the traffic and view count almost daily and then I cross check it item by item and the view counts on my items are way over inflated.  When it says I received 150 views on a certain day the actual count will he 1/3 of what ebay says I received for that day.  We have almost daily glitches on our store and ebay page that we've been calling about for years and nothing has EVER been resolved.  

Message 23 of 30
latest reply

I"ve gradually gotten used to my views collapsed to nothing most of the time. 

One thing working for me is I will start a book or media lot at auction; re-list most unsolds with Best Offer; if those don't sell move them to my Store. Stuff sells at all levels. I think based on how fast the fixed price stuff sells people are following the listings. I run auctions in the first place because I need the stuff outta here and often I get bidding up. 

On amazon my sales are down since I drastically raised my minimum price and gutted my inventory down to a too-low level. Lots of people buy the cheaper books but I decided the fees there are just too high. 

Message 24 of 30
latest reply

I can't believe how quickly it went to nothing for me.  I normally had 3-4 golf related items listed at any given time.  It was not uncommon for me to have 150 views and 15 watchers on a golf club a year ago.  I have a club on here now that is not showing a single view in over 3 weeks.  Everyone I know that used to sell on ebay is transitioning to facebook marketplace.  I rarely ever buy anything on ebay anymore either.  The last few items I searched were cheaper on amazon, so I just got it their instead with free prime shipping.  I have read sales are only down around 15-20% on here, but I am not buying that.  

Message 25 of 30
latest reply

YES, sales are down!  I am listing more.... and it picked up some for me.... I just keep listing 😄   Good Luck!

Message 26 of 30
latest reply

My Sales on eBay have been going down and now are only 12% of what they used to be last year I will be leaving at the end of this month.  I do not think anyone can justify the costs and time spent once the sales decline to a certain level. The extra cost that people have had to bear has and will seriously curtail discretionary spending that a majority of eBay sellers rely upon.

Message 27 of 30
latest reply

Hello pop_relics

My Husband  And I Have Noticed A HUGE SALES DROP In The Past 6 Months.

Ever Since Ebay (1) Separated From Paypal (2)  No Longer Charges Monthly Fees (3) No Longer Charges .25. .50 Insert Fees (4)  Now Charges Tax & (5) Promote Your Listing Option.

As Of Today December 1 2022 50% Of Our Listings Has Watchers BUT NO BUYERS!

I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW EBAY IS STILL IN BUSINESS WITH ALL THIS SCAM!

Message 28 of 30
latest reply

Wouldn't be surprised if they've plummeted in the antiquarian book section where I have listings. Prices there

have been absurdly high lately.

new search experience is a bad experience, another example of fixing something that isn't broken
Message 29 of 30
latest reply

The connection can't be free listings and discontinuance of monthly fees, shouldn't be the tax service either since that doesn't add to the buyer's tax expense and Promote Your Listings is merely an option. Seller pricing is another matter. Never seen old book prices as high as they have been lately, both opening bid and buy-it-now. Can't believe there can be many sales.

new search experience is a bad experience, another example of fixing something that isn't broken
Message 30 of 30
latest reply