cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLOW TO NO SALES THIS WEEK (APRIL 18-24 2021). WHATS HAPPENING EBAY?

Anyone else having slow or no sales this week? I have almost 300 listings and zilch. BTW: I list Daily, Almost Everything is on Sale and/or Best Offer-(though I haven't gotten any), and EVERYTHING is Promoted. Beginning of April was good.. now just one sale in past 5 days. I appreciate EB but when it declines it really goes deafly silent, like nothing. I usually see this whenever they are rolling out anything new, so I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this to this extreme? Thanks, 

Signed, (A usually -:) Grateful Girl

Message 1 of 121
latest reply
120 REPLIES 120

Re: SLOW TO NO SALES THIS WEEK (APRIL 18-24 2021). WHATS HAPPENING EBAY?

My sales have dropped terribly since July 29th. I am currently down 77.1% for the last 31 days. This type of drop is not the normal for this time of year. Some will say it's Covid, back to school or last minute vacations before school, but I do not believe that is all that is causing this drastic drop. Sales were going good up until July 29th, which also happened to be a Thursday when eBay does there stupid changes. I also added some of their recommended item specifics and this may be part of the cause for the drop. Guess that I will go back through my listings and remove their recommended item specifics to see if this changes things.

Good luck to all!

Message 106 of 121
latest reply

I have some stuff to list....but know they are in the category of "who knows" not "really should sell". "Who knows" stuff is really not selling. So I imagine one reason for low sales is already staring me in the face: try to find better stuff.....

Message 107 of 121
latest reply

Simple equation for Ebay sellers as buyers:

No sales for my Ebay items = I am not spending my money here.

Most of our favorite Ebay sellers have their own private separate sites as well, so we can still maintain our loyalty to good Ebay sellers anyways.

Message 108 of 121
latest reply

It is very slow at the moment especially compared with this time last year. It is very frustrating. I cannot help feeling it has something to do with eBay's latest changes in payment method. Paypal worked perefectly fine - why change it?

Message 109 of 121
latest reply

eBay did by increasing its fees. We're making next of nothing and yet they're making billions. Something awry somewhere along the line. 

Message 110 of 121
latest reply

I meant next to nothing and in the meantime eBay which as our conduit to the outside world says nowt and offers little or no advice, guidance or help. It just keeps taking our money. Where is their duty of care? They would be nothing without our loyalty. Typical monopoly behaviour.

Message 111 of 121
latest reply

Very slow to no sales as well!!

Message 112 of 121
latest reply

Same here! terrible nightmare happens again, no sales, no email, low page view, had try promotion(totally useless), re-list item…etc nothing works, my store dead again seems eBay are making some changes again so “glitches” are back…

Message 113 of 121
latest reply

September was my worst month of 2021 and the rest of this year hasn't been great either. I'm very depressed & stressed from it, but I'm doing everything that has always made my store thrive. It makes me feel like ebay is doing little to nothing to drive sales to their platform. I also think because so many ppl are unemployed it's driven many more to list things and there's more competition and also less income for buyers to play with. I've become very careful with my own finances as a result and don't buy nearly as much as usual on ebay for myself. It sucks but honestly it's not you - it's ebay and the state of the world 😞

Message 114 of 121
latest reply

Yeah , its wonderful .I love paying nearly 5 dollars a gal for gasoline . Sarcasm 

Message 115 of 121
latest reply

I honestly think it's the new 'Promoted Listings Advanced' campaigned. eBay reported a drop in revenue, so what better place to get more revenue than you sellers!!

I tried it out on a small set (200) of listings last week to see how it works.

Result - I still had an appalling $92 in sales for the WHOLE week (this is after fees and shipping, also note I used to make twice this amount in 1 day), BUT I had to pay $47 in 'add fees' to bid up the results of my listings which results in ONE sale for $14!! So my revenue for the week was $45!!

So I spent over 1/2 of my sales income on promoting my listings that results in NO improvement to sales.

eBay is feasting on their sellers - time to look at ETSY.....

Message 116 of 121
latest reply

Agreed. With the exception of some boutique out of print DVDs which recently did well, I'm lowering my prices 2 or 3x/week, have multiple watchers on more than one listing (they can't ALL be trying to flag comps), and yet... nobody has the urgency to buy, or is worried that the whatever "it" is, is going to fly into someone else's cart while they're kerfuffling around.

Message 117 of 121
latest reply

since I did a lot of revisions, added promoted to almost half, and added coupons... I have dropped off to 0 sales in a whole week. 

I have never been so low in sales in 20 years. I lost most of my followers and watchers on listings I completely redid as similar... BAD MISTAKE!

Any sales I got last week were not of the promoted, so wondering why. Lowered all their prices and gave free shipping. Still silent. Put up almost 200 auctions on my lowest priced items at 99 cents and $4.99 shipping on items that were up to $9.99... not one bid and only 3 days left to go. And that cost me $30 as it was suppose to of been cancelled because of all the categories in the 25 cent charges ... but the cancel did not work and they listed anyway. A few months of horror trying to adjust listings is turning out to me a nightmare. Deleting and starting over I guess would not be any worse.?

Message 118 of 121
latest reply

Since there are a record number of people quitting their jobs, I think a lot more people have started selling on Ebay.

Message 119 of 121
latest reply

Welcome to the Great Depression of 2024. The FED will tell you inflation hasnt increased nor declined the last month but theyre FOS. Whats your food bill YoY? How about Fuel? How about everything else? I was at Walmart last weekend and grabbiong supplies when wifey added a bag of Ruffles Potato Chips to the cart.. it wasnt until we went to pay for it all that I realized this bag of chips (that is 60% air) is up to $7.29 ... For 3 ounces of chips?

Message 120 of 121
latest reply