cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SELLERS BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EBAY SCAM ADDRESS !!!!

NEVER TO NEW CASTLE DELAWARE !!!!!!

MANY ARTICLES ARE ALL OVER THE INTERNET AND EBAY IS GETTING AWARE NOW OF THIS. PLEASE NEVER SHIP YOUR ITEMS OUT TO ANYONE WITH A SUSPICIOUS NAME, SUCH AS CHINESE NAMES ( NO OFFENSE) BUT THE SCAMMERS HAVE TWICE NOW ATTEMPTED TO SCAM ME. BOTH WITH THE SAME EXACT ADDRESS IN NEW CASTLE , DE ----------- ITS A BUISNESS BUILDING THERE TRYING TO SEND IT TO THEN REPORT TO EBAY AS NOT RECEIVED AND THAT YOU SHIPPED TO THE WRONG ADDRESS!!!! NEVER IN NEW CASTLE, DE SHIP, UNLESS YOU PLEASE GOOGLE FIRST THAT ITS A LEGIT HOME!!!!! THIS BUSINESS SCAMMERS ARE ON THE BLVD. OF QUIGLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SELLERS BEWARE !!!!

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: SELLERS BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2a76a-lostinspace.gif

“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
— Alice Walker

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 16 of 24
latest reply

The good news is that, once the package arrives at the FF's address, the seller is off the hook for any issues.

YOU WILL BE PLEASED TO LEARN I'VE MADE AN ADDENDUM TO YOUR POST WITH THE FOLLOWIMG:  EBAY WILL HONOR THEIR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE UNLESS THE BUYER ADMITS, WITH A WRITTEN DECLARATION,  TO USING A FREIGHT FORWARDING SERVICE, PER EBAY TOS.

-CHEERS

Message 17 of 24
latest reply

@jessical0910 

THEN REPORT TO EBAY AS NOT RECEIVED

When tracking shows delivery to a freight forwarder the seller's responsibility for delivery ends.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy/ebay-money-back-guarantee-policy...

In most cases this is true but the package actually has to be sent forward by the FF. EBay has waffled in some cases on their policy in those cases. 

If you did not respond to the Claim - which is a formal notice from eBay and not a random email or even Message- with the tracking number, you lose the Claim for being unresponsive.

Even though eBay already may have the tracking number, you still have to supply it again.

Exactly. OP should have also noted in their response that the item was sent through a FF and point to the policy if in fact the item was delivered to the FF.

Message 18 of 24
latest reply

The good news is that, once the package arrives at the FF's address, the seller is off the hook for any issues.

YOU WILL BE PLEASED TO LEARN I'VE MADE AN ADDENDUM TO YOUR POST WITH THE FOLLOWIMG:  EBAY WILL HONOR THEIR MONEY BACK GUARANTEE UNLESS THE BUYER ADMITS, WITH A WRITTEN DECLARATION,  TO USING A FREIGHT FORWARDING SERVICE, PER EBAY TOS.

-CHEERS

Can you kindly post a link to the eBay policy where you found this information? 

Message 19 of 24
latest reply

Thanks for the warning.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 20 of 24
latest reply

The issue is how USPS is entering their last scan.
Usually they scan the item DELIVERED.
With many freight forwarders, they scan it "delivered to agent for final delivery" or something like that. And there are a few other things I've seen that make little sense and you can't really tell what's going on...and neither can your buyer.
Ebay will not honor that as Delivered.
   It seems to be getting better though.  For a few months earlier this year I had to switch to UPS or FedEx when I saw freight forwarder addresses.   Had to, due to refunds, due how USPS was scanning.
UPS and FedEx would scan them "delivered"....and, end my responsibility.
I still use UPS and FedEx if it's something expensive.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

Nothing to see here.  Freight forwarders are just fine.  Once it says delivered to agent, your job is done.  It has been handed off to another shipper and your responsibility ends right there. 

evry1nositswindy  •  seller since 2013
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

@evry1nositswindy wrote:

Nothing to see here.  Freight forwarders are just fine.  Once it says delivered to agent, your job is done.  It has been handed off to another shipper and your responsibility ends right there. 

"delivered to agent for final delivery" does not end your responsibility, and I have issues with that more often than I like.

Message 23 of 24
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 24 of 24
latest reply