cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ring didn't pass inspection "Total carat weight of the diamonds does not match listing"

I bought the Ila Noales ring from Catbird a few years ago, and they're still selling it, and the specs are still the same. The ring has never been worn and was made to order. I had copied and pasted Catbird's and Ila's description which included carat weight of "approximately 1.45ct" and selected the Total Carat Weight range of 1.25 - 1.49 for the listing. The sale/ring was rejected by the authenticator for "The total carat weight of the main/side diamond(s) does not match the listing." I'm at a loss as to why this was rejected. Does anyone have any ideas?  

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ring didn't pass inspection "Total carat weight of the diamonds does not match listing"

Did you ever get that verified yourself?  Is there a chance it wasn't as described to you when you bought it originally?

When it comes to things like that, I would probably get it independently checked, just to be sure.

Gator08041971  •  Volunteer Community Mentor 2024
Member of eBay since 2000

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

maybe the ebay authenticators had  done to many shoes, purses and cards that day and were tired.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@bashort wrote:

maybe the ebay authenticators had  done to many shoes, purses and cards that day and were tired.

Different products, different authenticators, the ones that do jewellery don't do shoes. usually not even in the same location.

By the way, congrats on the shooting star! Interesting that your account was opened 3 days after my old primary account.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

@slippinjimmy wrote:

@bashort wrote:

Different products, different authenticators, the ones that do jewellery don't do shoes. usually not even in the same location.

By the way, congrats on the shooting star! Interesting that your account was opened 3 days after my old primary account.

thank you, 

Message 5 of 5
latest reply