cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHY DOES SUNNYVALLE CALIFORNIA SHOWS SOMEBODY USING MY DEVICE

EBAY KEEPS SOMEBODY FROM SUNNYVALLE CALIF. IS USING MY DEVICE AND I NEED TO CHANGE MY PASSSWORD. BUT THIS KEEPS HAPPENING VERY ANNOYING . LOOKING FOR SOME KIND OF ANSWER THANKS MIKE

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Whenever I login with a different device, I instantly get an email from eBay notifying me of the login.

If it was not me, I would change the password and research further.

You don't happen to be using a VPN? That might cause consistent flags to be thrown at you by the eBay bots.

Posting ID
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Not much detail. Where/how are you getting these messages? Are they coming through eBay or are you getting them in e-mail? Are you on a laptop/desktop or are you using the APP? Can you cut and paste a copy of the exact message you are getting? 

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Maybe your Internet Provider is using a block of IP addresses and assigns you one when you come online, that may not be your exact location.

I notice this a lot when shopping online that I am constantly defaulting to a city 200 miles away. I must change the store locator to my zip code to get the local information. Sometime this stays with the computer and sometimes I must reenter the zip code each time.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

THIS IS COMING STRAIGHT FROM EBAY MESSAGE IF NOT ME CHANGE MY PASSWORD BUT DOESNT SEEM TO LAST VERY LONG CONFUSED.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Sunnyvale CA is 11 miles from San Jose CA, where ebay corporate is; maybe that is where their 'emails' come from or?? 

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I have seen the same location. Changed password.

Recurred months later with the same location.

I suspect it is being generated as a result of some Ebay activity.

My system is regularly scanned for malware, has all updates.

And Experian is monitoring my email address for compromises.

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

I sometimes get assigned a dodgy IP that some sites object to. When that happens I just turn off the router for half an hour. That usually fixes it with a different IP.

It's not unusual to find yourself in a different "country". It just means a site is not using an up to date list of IP locations.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

I constantly get them as I have several Ebay accts and once something sells my husband uses his computer to print postage

Message 9 of 9
latest reply