cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revising Listings Problem

Has anyone been having a problem revising listings today?  I keep getting a "This product cannot be listed in this category." error message and can't revise my book listings.  As far as I can tell the category number for Books > Fiction and Books > Nonfiction haven't changed.  I haven't tried any new listings yet today, so I don't know if that's affected.

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

same here, trying to relist and showing invalid catagory for all my fiction so far. Even if I do edit and look up for the category it doesn't work

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

I did an upload of 2 books from turbo lister.  The children's book went fine.  The fiction book gave me an error that 'a picture is required to list'.  So I scanned the cover and put it in the listing.  Then the fiction book also uploaded to ebay.  I don't know if this is part of the problem or different.  Normally, I just use the stock photo if my book have the same cover and is in Very Good or better condition, and I've never gotten that error message before. 

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

It seems to be a problem with books today.  I had 3 to "sell similar" & got the same error message. I looked up the category, textbooks, & revised it to that category, but still wouldn't load.  Just another glitch today!

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Problems here, too.  Any response from ebay?

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

I had the same problem early this morning. I called eBay support at 8:00 AM and was told it was a computer glitch.They are trying to work on it. Maybe if others would call and let them know about this, they might prioritize  and get it fixed. 

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

Having the same problems this morning listing in the categories associated with books. Many others have started questions regarding relisting in the book subcategories. If you remove data you entered in the ISBN field, the listing appears to be accepted. If you then go into the listing and try to add the ISBN back, it will give you an error again. I do not have time to sit on the phone with eBay. I am assuming this is a catalog glitch, it will eventually be resolved and the near term fix is omit data in the ISBN/EAN field.
Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Hi, @thebookmaven-half  @lost-lizard-trading-company @tkea49 @northwoodshobbybks @cjscupboard...

Here's a way to fix it. Go to the listing and change the ISBN number to "does not apply". That worked for me..

https://bio.link/langs
Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Later it's likely, you will get an error message when re-listing because you don't have an ISBN/EAN in the data field. (double sigh)
Message 9 of 20
latest reply

Same issue here ! Is EBAY aware???

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

This is happening to me now, this was never fixed by EBAY???

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

I'm not having this problem any longer.  It was corrected some time the next day.   You'll probably want to contact ebay about it, if it continues.

I have noticed, however, that the nonfiction book category in turbo lister is all messed up.  It seems to only recognize the ISBNs for cookbooks.  All other ISBNs are not found.  Turbolister sometimes lets me list some nonfiction in the Textbooks  or fiction categories.  Otherwise, I have to list online instead of turbo lister.   This has been going on for a couple of weeks.  Annoying. 

Isn't ebay stopping (or has stopped) support for Turbolister?

Message 12 of 20
latest reply

I spoke too soon.  Just had a children's book come back with the "This product cannot be listed in this category" error.   I had to change it to fiction from childrens (even though it's a YA book) to get it to update. 

Right after, I revised another YA childrens book and it updated just fine. 

Maybe they've done some revisions to their book database and are being strict that what we list conforms to it? 

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

Unable to re-list any of our non-fiction books. Some have previously been listed a number of times. A message appears that reads "It looks like there's a problem with this listing. This product cannot be listed in this catagory."

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

Yeah, that's the error message we've all been getting.  For me, it seems to be random books - some fiction, some non-fiction, some childrens.  If you try the 'search for a new product' with the ISBN, does it give you sub-category under nonfiction?  I've done that with a couple of mine, and then it updated.  One of my YA books changed to fiction from childrens, and then updated OK.  One fiction book wouldn't update even after I tried the search. 

Very frustrating. 

Message 15 of 20
latest reply