cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returns

I sold a watch and the buyer opened a case to return. He said the watch was not keeping time. I do not mind taking returns for any reason but when they open a defective case it counts against my defect rate. I received the watch back this weekend and set the time. The watch is keeping perfect time.He obiviously changed his mind or didn't like it but did not want to pay return shipping. What is the best way to avoid defect claim when it isn't devective?

Message 1 of 16
latest reply
2 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Returns

ebay changed policies, snads are no longer defects. only defects now are cancellations due to out of stock or case closed without seller resolution. many buyers just claim bs snads to get the seller to pay return shipping

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Returns

@pastcollection wrote:

Just trying to understand how many defects will affect my TRS status. I take returns for any reason. Was wondering if there is a way to avoid return being determined a defect.. I would be willing to pay return shipping for any reason.

@accessoriesetcplus

A return is only considered a defect if it turns into a "case closed without seller resolution". Say a buyer claims "not as described" and you deny the return and the refund ... the buyer escalates the claim and eBay has to "step in" .. that is a "closed without seller resolution"

Anytime that ebay has to "step in"  is when you will get a defect. As long as you resolve the issue, no defect.

If you are willing to pay for return shipping on any return, you can set your preferences to automatically accept a return and/or issue a label --- the below is where your return rules can be set:

https://www.ebay.com/rtn/Return/SellerRules?returnId=0&rmvHdr=false&action=showSellerRulesList

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

View Best Answer in original post

Message 8 of 16
latest reply
15 REPLIES 15

Returns

ebay changed policies, snads are no longer defects. only defects now are cancellations due to out of stock or case closed without seller resolution. many buyers just claim bs snads to get the seller to pay return shipping

Message 2 of 16
latest reply

Returns

Thank you, I was reading on returns and it said in order to maintain TRS  you can't have to many defects? I think it was 2 %. That was my concern.

Message 3 of 16
latest reply

Returns

yep 2% so just have to be careful not to have any out of stocks or cases closed with resolution. thank goodness they did away with defects for returns!

Message 4 of 16
latest reply

Returns

@mokie11559 wrote:

In the US, it is no longer SNAD, just NAD. There is no "significantly" about it. It can be the tiniest detail or even the tiniest disagreement that the buyer has with the description. I wish it were still SNAD.

Some of the things that buyers use to get a free return are absurd in the extreme, but ebay allows it. For example, a tiny difference in color between what they see on their screen and the product in real life. Or (as happened to me) the supposed difference in the amount of surface shine shown in the photo of a cabochon stone as compared to real life (there was no difference - I checked when I got the item back). Ebay accepts anything that the buyer says he/she perceives as different from the listing, or thinks you should have included in the listing (example: there is a small thread tail at the end of a seam on a shirt, the sort of thing a normal person would just clip off).

Sometimes you get a CSR with a clue who understands the difference between a real complaint and buyer's remorse, but that doesn't seem to happen very often.

Message 5 of 16
latest reply

Returns

as for returns... you know if it was your local brick and mortar store, you can return items without proving it either..they'll take what ou say and a receipt and refund you....with exception of course for certain types of stuff.

In this case, ok if he made up a reason and opened a case...yep maybe he could have done it a bit different... but worring about a "defect" ..let me tell you a buyer can put a negative just as fast...and it counts too.

it part of business, and you got the watch back in great condition, working perfect...ready to be sold again.... YOU should feel good and lucky...there are scams and people who send back stuff that you really would lose on..... a little shipping back is a loss, but it could be worse.

A buyer doesn't know if the seller will hassle them...so they use whatever seems the best....that's what Ebay gives them.... long as you got your watch back in perfect condition to sell... it is the best it can end.

Message 6 of 16
latest reply

Returns

Just trying to understand how many defects will affect my TRS status. I take returns for any reason. Was wondering if there is a way to avoid return being determined a defect.. I would be willing to pay return shipping for any reason.

Message 7 of 16
latest reply

Returns

@pastcollection wrote:

@accessoriesetcplus

A return is only considered a defect if it turns into a "case closed without seller resolution". Say a buyer claims "not as described" and you deny the return and the refund ... the buyer escalates the claim and eBay has to "step in" .. that is a "closed without seller resolution"

Anytime that ebay has to "step in"  is when you will get a defect. As long as you resolve the issue, no defect.

If you are willing to pay for return shipping on any return, you can set your preferences to automatically accept a return and/or issue a label --- the below is where your return rules can be set:

https://www.ebay.com/rtn/Return/SellerRules?returnId=0&rmvHdr=false&action=showSellerRulesList

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 8 of 16
latest reply

Returns

I know i've given up trying to know what ebay will ding on...and they'll change it .

its like a carrot and a donkey.... 

take care

Message 9 of 16
latest reply

Returns

When the sellers will come and will receive the return item, I am going to take necessary action , I have all evidence , and submitted to the police station
Message 10 of 16
latest reply

Returns

**bleep** ebay paypal who is give idear about return 30 days ceo or owner go the hell

Message 11 of 16
latest reply

Returns

You nailed it!

Thanks for that post.

Got that color complaint but it was easy to see the buyer just changed his mind.

In my case, buyer attempted extortion ( give partial refund or expect negative feadback) yet eBay went along with him without my input.

Very disappointed but hope for better days.

Message 12 of 16
latest reply

Returns

@alevik-eowkha - I have no idea what you are referring to - perhaps you should start a different thread 

Message 13 of 16
latest reply

Returns

Sold an electronics item buyer said it didnt work was, it was listed as POR, buyer did not know how to operate it and got to return it on my dime due to falsely claimed as damged clause.

Bottom line do not sale any thing you can't afford to lose out on plus return shipping, because with all the scams that are allowed to happen and are ebay paypal rewarded for being done in the first place you will get burnt sooner or later if you sell enough.

Message 14 of 16
latest reply

Returns

Also they charged me 4 dollars more for return label for shipping than what i shipped it for in the first place plus a 2% fee for the paypal transaction lol
Message 15 of 16
latest reply