cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned to sell at eBay and get scammed immediately By buyer - pls need your advise!

So I sold expensive purse and after several days of delivery- of course got a return request with 2 false statements:

1. That my bag is replica ( I have a receipt of purchase)

2. And it’s scratched and bad condition..

But the main problem is : at the pics, which she provided its another replica  bag with scratched logo and a dusty one, it doesn’t look to me like my bag. She took away all authentication cards away, removed tags(

She is also answering at Nigerian tone letters like with all these from all my heart and tears, hope god will help you..

So I couldnt just stand it anymore and blocked her..

What I should do? Just accept the return or try to fight in eBay case? Pls, tell me my chances.. She is based in US and seems having several accounts at eBay and reselling too.. And know very well how to abuse return policy.. I’m so down(

Message 1 of 55
latest reply
54 REPLIES 54

Re: Returned to sell at eBay and get scammed immediately By buyer - pls need your advise!

@wstorefashion wrote:

I think, she did it before several times at eBay- now it’s became a perfect  source for scammers.  So I’m thinking to hold package at post office - open it with witness, who purchased  this bag  - film everything and after file with polic Departament, cyber crime and also do a small court case - and after, if I will win- give it to collection agency..

What do u think?

Sorry, but none of that will do much good.

If buyer says the item does not match listing, Ebay will force you to refund.

You can try to deny the return, but then Ebay will refund using your Pay Pal and let them keep the item.

About all you can do right now is approve the return and send return shipping label.

When you get the package back, doesn't matter what's in the package, you'll have to refund.

What you can do after that:

Appeal the case and at least try to get the return shipping reimbursed.

File mail fraud with USPS.

Report buyer for abusing the MBG.

File a crime report online, but I'm not sure of the web site.

Have a great day.
Message 31 of 55
latest reply

Re: Returned to sell at eBay and get scammed immediately By buyer - pls need your advise!

@sugarnspice777 wrote:

For one a buyer is NOT allowed to remove any tags off what you sent them, deny the return based on they ALTERED THE ITEM,

That's only for remorse returns and doesn't make any difference for INAD's.

Have a great day.
Message 32 of 55
latest reply

@wstorefashion wrote:

Anyway question is still open., What  should I do: accept a return or try to get supervisor at eBay?

Accept the return and furnish return shipping.

If you don't they'll ask Ebay to step in and you could loose the bag and money.

Have a great day.
Message 33 of 55
latest reply

Do exactly what Lintbrush has written..but you got to move it and groove it!! Send the email exactly the way it's been written..

Message 34 of 55
latest reply

LOL. SOMEBODY better be fighting cyber crime.

Message 35 of 55
latest reply

First, and this is not to be difficult, do you know for certain that the bag you sold is the real thing. There are so many of these tagged bags that may or may not be authentic. Who or where was this bag authenticated? If 100 percent authentic___ Dear  buyer, we sent you an authentic ---- bag, authenticated by-----. We will accept the return, but be mindful that we have all our returns inspected by our local authenticator and the police to ensure we receive our item back. Please know that if we are sent a replica, we file charges and pursue small claims court proceedings which may involve you travelling to another state. Please return our authentic bag. 

Message 36 of 55
latest reply

Yep, if they are scamming, try to head them off at the pass and prevent the theft.

Message 37 of 55
latest reply

@wstorefashion wrote:

Yes, you are totally right about pics inside the bag( I didn’t do it, but I have a video. 

Now that you have found me you don't have to pay the high retail prices anymore.

This is written at her account. I do believe she has multiple accounts at eBay too.

None of that matters. 

Message 38 of 55
latest reply

I'm not savvy regarding Ebay policy but what about calling PayPal?

I would contact Ebay regarding your suspicions and refuse the return  but also get PP involved.

Message 39 of 55
latest reply

None of this matters, you will go through a ton of hassle and still be out. Ebay, Paypal, The Police, The USPS, FBI, CIA etc at must will take a record of it and "investigate". Which means do absolutely nothing because they have bigger fish to fry than Ebay transactions that they can't prove either way. Its the sad reality of it all.

Message 40 of 55
latest reply

auctionpet
Guide
Unfortunately, this type of fraud is so prevalent here that ebay has a program where they will sell your designer bags for you. I don't know the details, but I've received ebay emails regarding it several times, I don't sell designer bags so I paid no attention to it. Some one on a clothing board may be familiar with it. The irony is, considering ebay is aware of this, to the point they started the program, one would think they'd more seriously investigate these cases and believe the sellers!

BTW, if you refuse to accept the return, ebay will force it on you and simply deduct from your paypal account without requiring the buyer send anything back. You want to avoid this, as the real proof of mail fraud would be receiving back something other than what you sold.

I'm sorry your having to go through this. I don't know how some people live with themselves!
Message 41 of 55
latest reply

if they are a reseller on ebay.  keep your eyes out for it.

buy it back & you know the rest...

Message 42 of 55
latest reply

So I accepted her request and also purchased a label, but it’s not showing up..  Do you know where I can look for it?

Message 43 of 55
latest reply

Agree, so I accepted a return and paid 11,73$ for shipping.. But her label it’s not showing up... Where to search for it?

Was my mistake to sell Prada at eBay and now I’m paying for it..

Message 44 of 55
latest reply

I can't believe you accepted the return!  Why didn't you at least follow the several excellent posts that other sellers gave you..

The one regarding calling a supervisor and giving them a heads up as to what was going on,and also letting the supervisor read the messages the buyer sent you.. 

and also,, the recommendation regarding sending the email about usps fraudetcetc..

why in the world did you not do those two things first!

Message 45 of 55
latest reply