cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting Fraudalent Listings

(I was a long time eBay seller) So now understanding how eBay works and their protocol for flagging specific listings, apparently you can get 3-4 friends or more with active accounts on eBay, and spend as much time as you like flagging competitor listings to ruin other sellers lives and their potential sales. (Also you can buy new eBay accounts online to rinse and repeat this, use a fake address/information singing up on each account, which eBay has no control over apparently until its figured out which unfortunately is too late for the damage that is done.)

This works right now and the scum of the earth are doing it.  Also Ebay shrugs their shoulders to this when you as seller confront them on this... What a curve ball, wonder how they'll stop that or will this be another federal lawsuit against eBay? ? ?

Message 1 of 102
latest reply
101 REPLIES 101

@onefootflippers 

@golfingaddict 

@kitschy*loot 

@soh.maryl 

Below is a list of headlines from (YouTube) of ebay sellers explaining very similar things that have happened to me and to them.... when a listing gets taken down from fake flagging or too much oversight from ebay's algorithm system (which is the first defense in flagging violations).

The point here isn't that we all had the same experience, the point I will be eventually getting to and exposing is how the eBay algorithm can be manipulated to flag items with the "authenticity" claim and how it is being abused today. Also how you can coordinate this "method" into a ring of people to use for whomever's advantage. Videos of this will be coming but for now you Check out real confessions at the headlines below if your interested

Ebay Exposed! Secret Counterfeit Squad Randomly Removes Listings - youtube

Ebay Removed It, Because THEY Said It Was Fake?! No Explanation Why! - youtube

Forced To Remove 100's Of Our eBay Listings - youtube

Ebay Removed My Listings – youtube

Ebay Removed My Listing What's Next? - Counterfeit Item Violation! – youtube

I got an Ebay VERO Violation! Here's What Happened… - youtube

Message 46 of 102
latest reply

Hmmmm. Your first example is not comparable to what you claim is happening to you. In that case op's item was removed because it violated the policy on selling perfume. It was legitimately removed.  Having said that there's no need to read your second example. Good luck to you

Message 47 of 102
latest reply

@allisonesq77 

This subject isn't for anyone that has tunnel vision and looks at one singular transaction or flagging that's failed. If you have no interest that's great, move along. This compiled information helps to back the method that will be released on video of how to manipulate ebay's algorithm for taking down listings based on fake flaggings. All of these videos show when a listing gets taken down for the wrong reasons, but ill be adding to it by how to control that.

I'll be sure to include you when the video is released

Message 48 of 102
latest reply

I've spent an embarrassing amount of time reading this thread so as for me having "no interest " that's incorrect. Again, good luck to you.

Message 49 of 102
latest reply

Appreciate it and in the end this will only provide information to all ebay sellers and hopefully more oversight inside corporate eBay, exposure is the highest level of truth and when your an individual that has a certain knowledge base and large strengths inside a specific subject, you typically will be more passionate (and it become more personal) for you in solving that issue.

I'm also a software engineer and eBay's system is decrepit and full of redundancies on redundancies. We have to pull apart there entire system (for flagging) and run hundreds of repeated tests to simulate % based probability. That's how we figure this out and why this is going on. ( aside from outright corruption inside of ebay itself which most of time can't be recorded and I'm doubtful is the reasoning behind this constant pattern.

Message 50 of 102
latest reply

@outfittersupport wrote:

Appreciate it and in the end this will only provide information to all ebay sellers and hopefully more oversight inside corporate eBay, exposure is the highest level of truth and when your an individual that has a certain knowledge base and large strengths inside a specific subject, you typically will be more passionate (and it become more personal) for you in solving that issue.

I'm also a software engineer and eBay's system is decrepit and full of redundancies on redundancies. We have to pull apart there entire system (for flagging) and run hundreds of repeated tests to simulate % based probability. That's how we figure this out and why this is going on. ( aside from outright corruption inside of ebay itself which most of time can't be recorded and I'm doubtful is the reasoning behind this constant pattern.

@outfittersupport 

So your plan is to flag legitimate listings that aren't in violation to get them removed?

That sounds just awful.

Message 51 of 102
latest reply

@crazystuff4sale 

No it will be shown on video but I've found that some people (with ebay seller accounts) want to be involved with helping this issue as well. Flag each other on specific products and testing in a clean method where we know whose accounts are flagged by who, and how many.  These accounts don't matter but have sales with long history and short history, different geographic locations etc etc..

Message 52 of 102
latest reply

Just to prove you wrong, why don't you and your buddies all flag my listing for a tape measure.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/222966830401

Use whatever violation you like.

I bet you it wont be removed.

Papa Was A Rolling Stone - The Temptations
Message 53 of 102
latest reply

@inhawaii  So items that are sold on eBay are categorized by the type of item. Specific (higher end items) have a higher fraud warning which is baked into eBay's algorithm. A tape measurer would never fall into high fraud category. Currently, were working on specific items that have higher triggers than others

There won't be a turn key solution to 100% take down someones listing even if it fits the description that I mentioned above BUT we've already seen probability % above 50% on a few items. Again the specific items will be listed on the video, along with what we found for the time that were willing to participate.

Message 54 of 102
latest reply

@outfittersupport wrote:

@crazystuff4sale 

No it will be shown on video but I've found that some people (with ebay seller accounts) want to be involved with helping this issue as well. Flag each other on specific products and testing in a clean method where we know whose accounts are flagged by who, and how many.  These accounts don't matter but have sales with long history and short history, different geographic locations etc etc..

So you plan to abuse the system by flagging listings that shouldn't be flagged.

Awful.

Message 55 of 102
latest reply

So you have misinterpreted twice now what Ive said, volunteers have came forward to help solve this problem, do you understand that? All of us are willing to attempt to solve this problem and test what has been talked about inside a controlled environment. We all want to solve this problem because its been a ongoing issue that intermittently effects eBay sellers, nothing we are doing is wrong because we are the ones doing it with each other.
Message 56 of 102
latest reply

Unless you are deliberately creating listings with violations then you are certainly abusing the system by wrongfully flagging listings.

(You wouldn't be proving anything by successfully getting a listing with violations taken down. Other than proving the system works as intended.)

Either way it's a terrible plan.

Message 57 of 102
latest reply

@crazystuff4salesigh.., I respect that. But you said: "Unless you are deliberately creating listings with violations then you are certainly abusing the system by wrongfully flagging listings."

Yes and no, listings are being created of specific items but they have no violations on the listing, these are  volunteers that knowingly waiting for that item to be flagged by another one of the volunteers. Finding that specific items CAN be removed from "false" flagging. Were also finding out the differences of "false" flagging as a seller and buyer.

Flagging for Authenticity on specific items, even with a perfect listing, can get the listing removed. (even when the items are 100% authentic) and doing this is proving that you can and it needs to be stopped.

Message 58 of 102
latest reply

Relax, a lot of OP's here get attacked personally for their posts by know-it-alls. Some here believe there is only their opinion and no one else's counts. It gets old, IMO. Others like to "assume" when reading posts. Either way, it gets old and whether I agree with you or not on what your OP stated, you have the right to your opinion and post it here. Have a good one.

Message 59 of 102
latest reply

Now there's a statement that is 100% true.

Message 60 of 102
latest reply