cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reported a fraud but no action has been taken

There is a user with ID:   who listed electronics items at the same price of $8.99 while items have a value of $50-$100 , it's quite clear that the guy it trying to scam buyers and there are no goods for sale. I already reported the user and also contacted CS and they agreed that an action needs to be taken against the member and they already  forwarded the report to their policy team who can take an appropriate action on the buyer, but from 2 days ago, no action has been taken and he is still collecting money from buyers and sold hundreds item. I reported many frauds so far and actions were taken in minutes, but for this one, it seems  eBay doesn't want to take any action for some reason!!!

I also listed some of the items he already listed for sale but because of his fraud, I couldn't  sell anything. Is there any way to stop such scams and fraud?

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Reported a fraud but no action has been taken

Correct, sometimes it is done quickly, sometimes it is not, because they may need further investigation. In my experience, they quickly take action against new accounts!

Message 46 of 53
latest reply

I already replied to your posts many times but you just repeat yourself, this kind of behavior means supporting a fraud. acc756 has some good points for you. Also, you don't need to make a new account to reply other posts, use your own account, YOU GOT WHAT I MEAN!

Message 47 of 53
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

No, you did not say outright that you report your competitors.  But, this particular seller is obviously a competitor and you did report him.  You also mention that you've reported other sellers and have always managed to get their items removed.  I am NOT supporting a fraud.  I am saying you are systematically shooting down the competition.  

Just as a general reply here, not addressed to you personally, I think the "shooting down the competition" is pretty much just a logical extension of the fact that we sellers are naturally going to look at others' listings of the same thing(s).

For example, if my specialty is buggy whips, I'm not going to spend all my time looking at ice cream makers; I'll be looking at other buggy whips, and if I see a scam brewing, I might do something about it. Thus I'm more likely to be reporting buggy whip listings than ice cream makers. The fact that I am also selling buggy whips myself should not make my report of a competing listing suspicious, or any less important. It's just the area that I am most likely to be looking in anyway, and thus I'll probably spot a bad listing (or some red flag within it) before someone else does.

Message 48 of 53
latest reply

Good point @a_c_green .  To expand on that, if you take the time to report those buggy whip listings that raise red flags, one could argue you are also possibly benefiting other competing buggy whip sellers as well.

If the net effect is that the category as a whole gets cleaned up and becomes more of a level playing field with less fraudulent/policy violating listings, the person doing the reporting isn't the only one who may stand to gain from that and may in fact be helping out their (legitimate) competitors as much as themselves.

Not to mention the most important thing - getting rid of scams makes eBay an overall better, more trustworthy place for buyers, which should be extremely important to all sellers regardless of category.

If a buyer gets taken for a ride on an eBay purchase for a buggy whip, it is far less likely they will come back to eBay when they are ready to purchase that ice cream maker.  Reporting the red flags we are most likely to see in our particular niches hopefully benefits the whole marketplace in the long run.

Message 49 of 53
latest reply

Ebay loves the scams. I have reported many listings/accounts in violation of their policies and they do absolutely nothing about it which makes them part of the scam in my opinion. I even had some friends report same listings which had no effect... I think they do this because they get to hold the money and collect interest while they "investigate"  for you. That is just my negative opinion on it though.  Been using Ebay for over 25 years and this is the worst I have seen it. 

Message 50 of 53
latest reply

@amazon4thewin wrote:

I think they do this because they get to hold the money and collect interest while they "investigate"  for you. 

Ebay has stated in multiple locations that they do not collect interest on any held funds. 

@amazon4thewin wrote:

That is just my negative opinion on it though.  Been using Ebay for over 25 years and this is the worst I have seen it. 

Judging from your feedback left for others (not to mention your user ID) it does seem like perhaps Ebay is not for you.

Message 51 of 53
latest reply

Zombie Thread. OP is over 2 years old. 

Message 52 of 53
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the age of this thread, it has been closed to further replies. Please feel free to start a new thread HERE if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

Message 53 of 53
latest reply