cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently Posted About -73% Sales, HAS NOT IMPROVED 3 weeks later. -50% Organic Impressions/Top20??

Posted on September 24th about having -73% sales over last 31 days, received many responses with similar complaints. I am aware of the macro economic situation, but as already discussed, in one month you simply do not organically have that type of drop. It is impossible when looking at similar industry factors. 

Three weeks or so have passed and the situation has NOT improved. Sales are the slowest I have had EVER for any period. I can no longer support my family from ebay alone at this rate (this has never happened before is my point). I understand the economy, but I am seeking other competitors in the personal computer category to show me they are suffering like this. 

I get no help from Ebay, I strongly believe I am being targeted by their algorithm for whatever reason (account is in perfect health/metrics).  I believe they are targeting me due to an international item they damaged in shipping and had to refund, and for an unjust payment dispute currently open (which happen from time to time for any business). These are the only factors I can see that would bother them (though not my fault).

My current reasoning for this is I noticed that my Organic impressions were down 50% in the same period, this is BY NO POSSIBLY WAY A NATURAL OCCURENCE. Furthermore, my top 20 results are down 50% as well.

This is clear targeting of my business.

I tried a % sale and I tried to double my promoted rate to see what would happen. Nothing helped. Looking at metrics, the increased promoted impressions helped mitigate the organic loss, but did NOT increase sales.

I am being eliminated from the most important search results for no explainable reason. I list new items and often see them get 0 views, or a few views then sent to the trash heap.

In three weeks I have had maybe three interested customers message me.. also very oddly low.

Wish Ebay wasn't broken.. for me.

Message 1 of 33
latest reply
32 REPLIES 32

Re: Recently Posted About -73% Sales, HAS NOT IMPROVED 3 weeks later. -50% Organic Impressions/Top20

Zip sales for me too today. 9800 listings

Message 16 of 33
latest reply

Re: Recently Posted About -73% Sales, HAS NOT IMPROVED 3 weeks later. -50% Organic Impressions/Top20

I would expect a gamer to try to buy the exact configuration they have decided they want, at the lowest price.

If you do not have the exact configuration, at the lowest price, you should not expect to make the sale.

I would also expect that if your systems are not the latest and greatest, and the latest and greatest is an advance, they might not be appealing to gamers who want to upgrade.

Message 17 of 33
latest reply

@wheredidiputthatremote wrote:

I hear you brother. Business had been the pits lately. Hyper inflation is killing us all.

Current inflation rate is 3.7% - maybe 1% above ideal.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 18 of 33
latest reply

That is only a select measure of inflation, the prior actual inflation of around 9-15% has already harmed everyone. Just know that it is higher than you are being told as well. Numbers can be messed with internally and how they are reported. 

Message 19 of 33
latest reply

@myfrugalboutique wrote:

@stainlessenginecovers 

you don’t know anymore than anyone else. I can match you $$$wise and years here. I have no answers, and yours are just a theory.  The only answer is IT IS EBAY 

If it were 'just a theory' then you would be INCREASING sales. 

The economy is in the toilet and you simply can't put your head in the sand when others are selling 'much less' than you are and simply blame the entity.

or...you can. Doesn't matter as you don't want to face the realism that surrounds you. 

Message 20 of 33
latest reply

@tech*knowledge wrote:

That is only a select measure of inflation, the prior actual inflation of around 9-15% has already harmed everyone. Just know that it is higher than you are being told as well. Numbers can be messed with internally and how they are reported. 

We are not experiencing hyperinflation (increase over 50% in a month). I remember the high inflation of the 70s and then the early 80s where we hit 14% (higher if including the energy index) - that still wasn't hyperinflation.

ETA: Just trying to add a little perspective to the scare talk.

When you dine with leopards, it is wise to check the menu lest you find yourself as the main course.

#freedomtoread
#readbannedbooks
Message 21 of 33
latest reply

I may have been using strong "scare talk" to make myself and sellers like myself feel better about our current downturn.

But now that you mention it: My grocery bill has gone up 40% in the last 3 years, and we have a family of 5. Our gas and Electric in the Chicagoland area has doubled. This year our property tax went up 10%.  And although we're good for now, the poor folks that have to finance a house or a car at the moment are SOL with higher interest rates.

Now I know that the interest rates don't hold a candle to those of the late 70's or 80's - but roll all of the above into the equation and you bet folks are hurting.

Respectfully

Message 22 of 33
latest reply

@stainlessenginecovers 

spare me. 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Message 23 of 33
latest reply

@myfrugalboutique wrote:

@stainlessenginecovers 

you don’t know anymore than anyone else. I can match you $$$wise and years here. I have no answers, and yours are just a theory.  The only answer is IT IS EBAY 

You're convinced that ebay is evil and the cause of your slow sales, yet you have 500+ items listed here.

How come?

Undone - Bachman & Cummings
Message 24 of 33
latest reply

So as I said on your last post you are selling gaming computers and computer parts... and you think a lack of sales has nothing to do with the economy?  I see you have had sales this week, good ones, so kinda confused.

Message 25 of 33
latest reply

Would you be able to share screenshots of your traffic over the past 60-90 days as well as your sales page? Also the same time frame year over last, Very curious to see these dips.

Message 26 of 33
latest reply

Could you show us your 46 identical listings from eBay you have on Amazon or are they completely different items that are not on your eBay store?

Message 27 of 33
latest reply

Where do you go

Message 28 of 33
latest reply

@myfrugalboutique wrote:

@stainlessenginecovers 

So you actually believe that eBay is specifically targeting a seller over ONE damage claim they had to pay out?

I understand the mind always tries to make sense of random behavior, but hooves and zebras and all…

Message 29 of 33
latest reply

It is clear they are targeting me based on extreme immediate declines in organic results / top 20 results leading to miserable sales.

Those are just my theories as to why. 

Message 30 of 33
latest reply