cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving returns that aren’t mine!

Hi,

I don’t seem to be able to find a way of contacting ebay directly about this so trying here.

I moved into a house earlier in the year and every couple of weeks i receive an item being returned to an ebay seller, maybe a previous occupant of the property.

I have been returning them to sender but it keeps happening, about 10 times now.

I opened the last one and found the seller via the item number on the paperwork. I’ve messaged them twice but no response!

Is there any way I can report this to ebay?

Many thanks🙂

Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Re: Receiving returns that aren’t mine!

Said it was sketchy to KNOWINGLY OPEN MAIL (or other items from whatever carrier) THAT IS NOT ADDRESSED TO THE RECIPIENT, which differs greatly from opening it by mistake, and NO s/he does not have "every right" to open the item.....................    if it has someone else's name on it.

We'll have to disagree then.  If the house number, street, city, state, and zip code are the same as the one I've lived in for 28 years, it IS addressed to me.  Especially since the spelling of my last name has been often butchered in all my 58 years.

I'll be waiting for those nakey pics...

Joe

Message 61 of 69
latest reply

This felt scammy to me like somehow the seller is double dipping and sure enough using my friend Google this is what I found

Search for eBay shipping scams. eBay killed my links

Message 62 of 69
latest reply

@glasser wrote:

This felt scammy to me like somehow the seller is double dipping

How is the seller double dipping anything by mailing stuff to random individuals?

Message 63 of 69
latest reply

Gotcha...thanks for the explanation.

Message 64 of 69
latest reply

Google results show Pandora charms are a counterfeited item with websites that show you what differences to look for.  

Message 65 of 69
latest reply

@tellmemama wrote:

Said it was sketchy to KNOWINGLY OPEN MAIL (or other items from whatever carrier) THAT IS NOT ADDRESSED TO THE RECIPIENT, which differs greatly from opening it by mistake, and NO s/he does not have "every right" to open the item.....................    if it has someone else's name on it.

-------------------------------------------------------

We'll have to disagree then.  If the house number, street, city, state, and zip code are the same as the one I've lived in for 28 years, it IS addressed to me.  Especially since the spelling of my last name has been often butchered in all my 58 years.

I'll be waiting for those nakey pics...

We will just have to agree to disagree.

I have owned the current residence since before my wife, and I were married, so by some logic,as it is addressed to this address, I can open my wife's mail😁

Message 66 of 69
latest reply

I have owned the current residence since before my wife, and I were married, so by some logic,as it is addressed to this address, I can open my wife's mail

Not quite the same since your wife also resides at that address.  Having said that, my husband and I have been opening each other's mail for the last 35 years.  I couldn't care less since I have nothing to hide and from what I can tell, neither does he.

If you and your wife choose to do differently, that's certainly your prerogative.

Joe

Message 67 of 69
latest reply

@tellmemama wrote:

I have owned the current residence since before my wife, and I were married, so by some logic, as it is addressed to this address, I can open my wife's mail

Not quite the same since your wife also resides at that address.  Having said that, my husband and I have been opening each other's mail for the last 35 years.  I couldn't care less since I have nothing to hide and from what I can tell, neither does he.

The previous resident of our place was evidently a guy named "Occupant" (I think he was French), and let me tell you, that guy subscribed to everything.

Message 68 of 69
latest reply

The previous resident of our place was evidently a guy named "Occupant" (I think he was French), and let me tell you, that guy subscribed to everything.

That's so weird!  He's getting stuff at my house too...

Joe

Message 69 of 69
latest reply