cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving returns that aren’t mine!

Hi,

I don’t seem to be able to find a way of contacting ebay directly about this so trying here.

I moved into a house earlier in the year and every couple of weeks i receive an item being returned to an ebay seller, maybe a previous occupant of the property.

I have been returning them to sender but it keeps happening, about 10 times now.

I opened the last one and found the seller via the item number on the paperwork. I’ve messaged them twice but no response!

Is there any way I can report this to ebay?

Many thanks🙂

Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Wow, just when I thought I had heard it all it just keeps getting better.

Thank you for sharing this latest morsel with us.

Message 2 of 69
latest reply

I don't know if reporting it to eBay will do anything, more likely I'd report it to USPS.   Somebody may be fraudulently using your address if you've been in the house for months.  As in the seller gives your address on purpose for the returns because the item is dropped shipped from China.

"I opened the last one and found the seller via the item number on the paperwork"

What was in the box?   Anything of value or....  something cheap from China?

Message 3 of 69
latest reply

Is your name the one on the shipping label or does it just happen to be your address with somebody else's name? 

Message 4 of 69
latest reply

You opened mail addressed to someone else?

Message 5 of 69
latest reply

This could be happening if SELLER relocated but did not change "their address" on their EBAY account.  

Even if you could get in contact with EBAY....there is nothing EBAY can do.  SELLER needs to supply current address. 

I am sure at some point the SELLER will wonder why he is missing the "returned items".

Message 6 of 69
latest reply

It’s a pandora bracelet, but i have no idea if it’s genuine. 
The seller is listed as a UK seller, and has an eastern european name, so I don’t think it’s anything to do with China.

Message 7 of 69
latest reply

My address, someone elses name. None of the neighbours recognise the name, it’s no-one that’s recently lived here at least.

I’ve had about 10 now and getting sick of taking them back to the post office - they said there’s nothing they can do.

I don’t know if it’s some kind of scam, but whatever, someone is losing out here and i just want to get it sorted.

Message 8 of 69
latest reply

No, i have x-ray vision.

Message 9 of 69
latest reply

That’s what i thought - it’s been going on for months now! 
I messaged them 3 times in the last week with no response!

Don’t know what else I can do.

Message 10 of 69
latest reply

If mail comes to my address with my address on the parcel, assuming it's not the name of a neighbor or the house's previous owner (all of which I would recognize) there is a really good possibility that I'm opening it, even if the name that's on it isn't mine.

Message 11 of 69
latest reply

You do realize that's a federal crime, right?

Message 12 of 69
latest reply

In my defence, it’s obvious that the packages are ebay returns as they have the ebay return paperwork as the address label, but insufficient detail for me to investigate. I get plenty of other mail (Letters) for previous occupants which go straight back in the box.

But when it’s these larger items I have to make a special trip to take them into the post office and it’s getting a bit boring now!

Message 13 of 69
latest reply

You should not have to go to the PO... Just wright "not at this address" on the package and you can arrange online to have it picked up OR put it at your mail box.

klhmdg  •  Volunteer Community Mentor
Message 14 of 69
latest reply

Although your intentions seem to be good, the 1st thing you need to do is report yourself for opening mail that is not yours😊

Message 15 of 69
latest reply