cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RED POLICY VIOLATION NOTICE FROM EBAY

Good Monday morning eBay Resellers,

Lately, we've gotten the red message from eBay stating: "Your listing has a policy violation and was taken down." It always comes up at the top of our eBay app on our phones.

We've gotten them before. Usually it's easy to see the listing and why it was taken down.... for example we picked a vintage lot of cigar rings from a three ring binder collection and sold them on eBay. The Cuban cigar labels were taken down. (the stickers or rings we didn't sell any  cigars or cigar boxes)

They automatically ended those listings.

However, we keep getting the notices and there's no where to  click on their red banners to see which listing was removed? We went into our UNSOLD category and it's not there. 

Is anyone else getting these red banner notices? They seem to come in waves. 

Thank-you for your kind reply!

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: RED POLICY VIOLATION NOTICE FROM EBAY

@pickinweedsvintage 

Sorry for your situation.  I believe eBay is watching many listings who appear to be violating policies.  Not saying this is your situation at all.  In the past I have seen cuban cigars for sale here and those are embargoed goods and cannot be sold on eBay.  My guess AI is not being very selective where listings are concerned no matter how specific or described.  The words "Cuban" & "cigars" probably triggered the take down.

My suggestion?...don't try to relist them or you can find yourself permanently suspended and I know you don't want that as a long time good seller.  Again, sorry for your frustration.  

Happy Selling

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

@pickinweedsvintage 

You might need to clear your cache in your settings or update your ebay app if you haven't in a while. Also try stopping the app in the settings will often make those old banners and such go away. Hope I was clear enough I just had one sip of coffee and I'm not a functional app in the morning!

Message 2 of 12
latest reply

No i have never gotten a red banner. All i can say is you need to find out what item was removed. If you relist it your risking losing your selling status. When the bots remove your listing that means they are watching you. I would be very careful when you relist your items. 

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

In our case, a message from ebay in the messages accompanies any take down violations explaining what policy was violated and the item delisted.

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@pickinweedsvintage 

Sorry for your situation.  I believe eBay is watching many listings who appear to be violating policies.  Not saying this is your situation at all.  In the past I have seen cuban cigars for sale here and those are embargoed goods and cannot be sold on eBay.  My guess AI is not being very selective where listings are concerned no matter how specific or described.  The words "Cuban" & "cigars" probably triggered the take down.

My suggestion?...don't try to relist them or you can find yourself permanently suspended and I know you don't want that as a long time good seller.  Again, sorry for your frustration.  

Happy Selling

Message 5 of 12
latest reply

I've had 5 listings flagged for policy violation in the last few weeks.  They were handmade ragdolls listed as either Black Americana or AA African American folk art.  I have no idea why because I see plenty of listings with the exact same wording still up and running.  Rather than do battle with eBay, I ended the listings, and they went into my Unsold Listings.   I'm still getting the red flag notices.  When I click on the learn more link it takes me to Understanding regulations when selling on eBay none of which apply to my listings.  I just want to delete these listings and go on with my life, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to delete them.  Clicking the box and selecting delete does not work.  Does anyone know how?  Or is it eBay's plan to leave them there thinking they can shame me.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

@grammygonewild 

Go to:

Sellers Hub / Unsold Listings

Check off the box next to those listings. Click on the arrow next to Actions near the top. Click on delete.

I do know that a lot of listings in those categories do seem to get flagged but I always thought that  when there is a policy violation ebay immediately ended the listing and didn't wait for you to end them.

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

This is a fairly recent issue, they are aware.  It happened to me a couple of months ago.  Let me find the post where I replied to someone else, to see if it may help you. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

@pickinweedsvintage  Ok here we go, check this thread, post 22.  But you may want to read the whole thread.   I called someone I knew to find out which items were in violation, but I did eventually find them in my Actives, through sheer luck.   Here's the thread.   I'm surprised they haven't fixed it, it was around Xmas time that I ran into it & my contact knew there was an issue with people not being told which items are involved.  I did eventually get a message, but it was 2 weeks later. 

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/Policy-Violation-notice-but-now-way-of-knowing-which-items-are...

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

@grammygonewild  that's correct.  You don't have to do anything, eBay has already ended them & they show up in your Unsold's, but with the Action box greyed out.  You can see I have the same thing by checking the thread I just linked in here.   I posted a screen shot of it.  You're fine though & you don't need to do anything.  I believe they will drop off in the 90 days, just like all other Unsolds.  I can't confirm that cuz it hasn't been 90 days for mine, but I expect that will happen. 

eBay Seller since 1996

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

I have tried clicking the box and selecting delete.  The system doesn't allow me to do either.  I'm going to have to speak to an eBay customer service rep and 1) have them explain to me how my listings violated their policy and why others do not and 2) how do I get these **bleep** flagged items deleted.  

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

eBay did not end the listings.  The left them in Active but blocked buyers from seeing them.  I had to end the items myself.  I still want to find out why they were flagged with there are many other listings similar to mine that are still active.  

Message 12 of 12
latest reply