cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about cancellation

Hi,

The buyer won one of my auctions and was bidding on another. The auctions were about four days apart. She asked me a few days ago if she could wait until the close of the second auction to pay.  I agreed and didn't think any action was needed by me for this but it appears the listing was set to cancel payment on the first auction for lack of payment. Now she's about to win the second auction but the first payment has been cancelled for non-payment and she's upset. I didn't realize this was happening and want to make it right. Is there any way to fix this so it doesn't negatively impact her and she can pay for both auctions?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Question about cancellation

You must have it set to auto cancel.

Account settings>Selling preferences>Preferences for items awaiting payment

There is a toggle there that can turn on Automatically cancel unpaid items

heckofagame_0-1710513872800.png

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Thank you! I've fixed the setting. Any idea how I can resolve this situation for this buyer? She just won the second auction. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Turn off/disable automatic non-payment cancellations here:

https://www.ebay.com/Cancel/Preference/UnpaidPurchase

Turn on/enable and extend time for buyer to pay by enabling Combined Payments here:

https://www.ebay.com/ship/prf

As far as helping buyer out for getting a strike for non-payment you or buyer would have to talk to ebay about that here:

https://www.ebay.com/help/eua?id=5275&mkevt=1&mkpid
To chat or have ebay call you.

To email send a private message here:

facebook.com/eBay/
or
twitter.com/askebay

For the auction that ended relist it again at a fixed price she won it originally for so she can purchase and pay with the current auction that is ending.  When both have been purchased, but before payment click on Send Invoice on one of them.  Both will show up to select and combine with any adjustments.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Perhaps relist the item at a fixed price, a much higher price to discourage other buyers, with the make an offer option. Send her the listing number and have her make an offer for the amount of her winning bid. Then you can accept that offer and combine. 

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@heckofagame wrote:

Perhaps relist the item at a fixed price, a much higher price to discourage other buyers, with the make an offer option. Send her the listing number and have her make an offer for the amount of her winning bid. Then you can accept that offer and combine. 

Ordinarily I would suggest listing it at the original price with a scheduled start time, then sending her the link in advance and telling her when the listing goes live, so that she can grab it before anyone else. The backup strategy here is that if she ghosts you instead, you may still find another buyer for it.

But in this case I agree about going with the higher price/Make Offer strategy for her, as it doesn't seem like any of this is her fault, so it would be good to leave out any First-Come/First-Served urgency from the relisting for her.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply