cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotional Offers Free listing and no final value fee's

Are the Promotional Offers really sent at random or is there a method to there maddness. This is what I got from ebay this week.

on

10/25/17 00:00:55 PDT  I got this ebay Promotional Offers

List now, save 20% on fees for sales over $50!

Save 20% on final value fees for up to 5 items that sell for $50+.  End Date 10/28/17 23:59:59 PDT

on

10/27/17 14:45:39 PDT I got this ebay Promotional Offers
7 days, no insertion fees:100 extra fixed priced listings!
Pay no insertion fees on up to 100 additional fixed-price listings for seven days End Date 11/01/17 23:59:59 PDT
Today on
10/28/17 18:00:42 PDT I got this Promotional Offer
Right now: 100 FREE auction-style or fixed priced listings
Create 100 extra Auction or Fixed Price listings for free! Includes Buy It Now  End Date 11/01/17 23:59:59 PDT

All offers came on the same account. Just wondering if any other Promotional Offers that went out for this week.
Also I have gotten these other Promotional Offers  for the month of October on the same account
On
10/08/17 13:52:51 PDT
Right now: 100 FREE auction-style or fixed priced listings
Create 100 extra Auction or Fixed Price listings for free! Includes Buy It Now End Date 10/12/17 23:59:59 PDT
On
10/04/17 01:00:45 PDT

Special Offer: Sell 10 for Free! No final value fee's
Sell 10 items for free in select categories by 10/12! See terms for full details End Date 10/12/17 23:59:59 PDT
What is the Promotion?

Sellers (“Sellers”) who activate the offer and then list up to 10 Qualifying Item(s)* in the fixed price or auction-style format during the Promotion Period, pursuant to the terms and conditions set forth herein, will pay no final value fees for the first 10 Qualifying items sold.

So far I have gotten 5 for this month wondering what other Promotional Offers ebay handed out

The interesting thing with the last two ebay Promotional Offers Free listing was taking the 10 items I wanted to get the free final value fee's and list them as auctions since I normally list in fix price excpet when a get a free Promotional Offers for auction only. Since I also listed those items using the free listing Promotional Offers I also did not pay any insertion fee. Also wondering if all these offers are popping up for holiday season or if it has to do with something else, like all other site's that are on the net now?
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I haven't gotten a promo on this account in a long time. My other non-store accounts get promos quite often. Sometimes I use them, sometimes I don't.

Personally I think it's some sort of structured randomness lol

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

There were two selling promotions, possibly three, very close together lately.

I would say it was part of the Christmas push.  Incentivizing sellers to list more, to take advantage of those offers to pump up listings for holiday sales.

Peak selling season.  People will be shopping for the holidays; some have already started.  Some buy all year for that.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

I haven't received any of the promos you mentioned.  Too bad they aren't transferable!

disneyshopper
Volunteer Community Member

Message 4 of 4
latest reply