cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotional Ad Fees, Scam?

I think the whole idea of promotional listings is awful for starters but have given it a try and since then every single item that has been sold ebay counted the sale as a promoted item wehter I sent the buyer an offer or even when I paused the promo sale they still kept collecting the fee for every item?!?1

Love to hear if anyone else has been having this issue?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Did you actually read about Promotional listings?  Even if it's not enabled, IF a buyer has looked at the promotional listing and buys it within 30 days of that look.........it is considered a sold item from PL and you are charged. 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

whatever you do DO NOT TRUST Ebays suggested price for ads , what a load of ***T , this company is so desperate they are purposefully inflating the suggested price ( they use the word suggested so they can say they are not LIARS but as we all know they are ) expamle on 10 different listing i have promoted , i have them listed at 4.5% ebay is suggesting 9% .... well guess what i am either the first or second listing that shows up in a search . why is ebay suggesting twice the amount ... DO NOT TRUST EBAY they will lie to you ... there reps ( that lie to me 80-90%b of the time are a great expmple ... WAY TO GO NEWB CEO what a nightmare platform 

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@bostonsgarden This might just be semantics.  I believe there is a difference between promoted listings and promotions

Promoted listings are set as a percentage and only apply when/if the item sells and if the customer clicked on the the specific promoted item within the last 30 days.  It likely doesn't have anything to do with sending or accepting an offer.  The buyer doesn't get any financial benefit.  The seller pays eBay the extra % if appropriate.

Promotions, on the other hand are discounts or in some cases coupons that you set on groups of your listings.  In most cases these are set by store owners here:  https://www.ebay.com/sh/mkt/promotionmanager/dashboard

The buyer gets the direct financial benefit.  The seller doesn't get any direct financial benefit.

Promoted Listings and Promotions are independent of one another.  Hence a particular listing can be one or the other, both or neither.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

promoted listings are a complete scam, unfortunately, if you don't promote nothing sells.  I have searched my specific titles and they are suppressed unless they are promoted.  I also have had customers click on an ad an find a product and then search my store and find other products they want to purchase and I get charged an ad fee on every item they purchase and not just the one that had an ad.  I have also created new listings and sent links directly to customers and have been charge ad fees when there is absolutely no way they clicked on an ad.  Ebay is defrauding customers and they are bold faced and unapologetic about it.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply