cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted listings not working after email

Anybody else notice the promoted listings are not showing up and the stats are way off after an email stating they have screwed up over the last 40 days with refunding promoted listings?  I look at my traffic every hour and my listings haven’t been promoted for about 3 hours now

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@mandisattictoyz 

Yes, me too.

My promoted listings stats showing drops, it's like promoted listings been paused suddenly.

This issue not only in ebay.com, also in ebay.co.uk & ebay.ca

I've some listings at ebay.co.uk & ebay.ca , and promoted listings stats there showing same drops in ebay.com

*About the email that you received from ebay, actually i didn't receive any email from ebay about that, could you please post here the contains of the email message that you received??

Promoted listings not working.jpg

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

B7D2F1C3-43C3-4B2B-8AA8-C52C1F747D17.png

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

If I'm being honest, I don't think this is related to that email.

It seems eBay may have messed up with Promoted Impression count somehow, but that glitch pulled up the curtain and inadvertently exposed what they're really doing. The way these numbers are adding up heavily implies their statistics are fudged.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

1B1842EC-7B5E-4060-AC49-AD18996032C0.png

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I look at my traffic every hour and my listings haven’t been promoted for about 3 hours now @mandisattictoyz 

"allow 72 hours to reconcile"  a note on the chart posted by @aqeeqsouq

You're  probably right, but frankly, you could check that chart once a day or once a week for all the difference it would actually make.

If the seven day drop that shows there affects all sellers on all sites, we are paying for a service we are not getting, but every seller has the same handicap. 

My Impressions were way up during that week and my Page Views up somewhat most of those days on dotCA and there were none of either the week before on dotCOM.  So this seems to be intermittent.
Neither had any effect on actual sales, but I didn't have to pay any PL fees, so there's that.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

I’ve always believed they fudge numbers anyway.  I’ve also always believed they count sales as promoted listings sales when they aren’t.  I already know eBay is going to be the first one out, but if they would get some sensible people on the board and a new CEO I think somebody out there can really step eBay up a notch.  I guess the biggest problem is, shipping and communication.  I sell on professional sites like Walmart and amazon where you ship next day, and it’s businesses you buy from, not hobbyist.  If they would stop putting the problem sellers at the top and start putting veterans up top that do this for a living it would help their customer turn around a bit.  I’m not saying I’m perfect by any means, but I buy a lot of stuff on eBay here, and about half of sellers wait 3-5 days to ship or they lose the item after I paid and wait 5 days to tell me, or don’t ship it at all.  Many people like to wait for the managed payments to be in their bank account before they ship, etc.  eBay needs some better policies for this stuff

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@femmefan1946 

@femmefan1946 wrote:

I look at my traffic every hour and my listings haven’t been promoted for about 3 hours now @mandisattictoyz 

"allow 72 hours to reconcile"  a note on the chart posted by @aqeeqsouq

You're  probably right, but frankly, you could check that chart once a day or once a week for all the difference it would actually make.

If the seven day drop that shows there affects all sellers on all sites, we are paying for a service we are not getting, but every seller has the same handicap. 

The 7 days drops (12th - 18th Sep) in the screenshot photo appeared today (not on that time).

Technically, My impressions are way up since last week.

("Winter Is Coming")
Message 8 of 13
latest reply

If they would stop putting the problem sellers at the top and start putting veterans up top that do this for a living it would help their customer turn around a bit.

There are dozens if not hundreds of small sellers constantly complaining that eBay does what you suggest, giving more attention to the big/professional/full time sellers over the "little guy".

As far as I can tell, the "little guy" is the complainant and the "big guy" is everyone else and probably Chinese. 

I am old and cynical.

Many people like to wait for the managed payments to be in their bank account before they ship, etc. eBay needs some better policies for this stuff

They do.

Sellers who don't ship promptly get Disputes and Defects.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Fol

low

ING!

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Oh wow, yes!  I just posted some deets to Zamo, but I normally have about 150K impressions daily, every day.  Give or take 30K.  It's pretty static & always has been.  On the 25th, I had 187K.  On the 26th, I had ZERO!!!!  Today, 43K.  

On the 0 day I made 2 sales, but they were not PL.  @zamo-zuan  please note that is different than what I PM'd you.  I thought they were PL sales, but they were NOT.   

I have never seen a huge drop like this EVER, much less a ZERO.   I did get an email about the PL fee Refunds, which makes no sense to me, since I'm no returns & I don't *think* I had any returns during the time period noted. 

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel
eBay Community Mentor
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Interesting that mine was on different days & for a different time period thatn @aqeeqsouq , mine was only 1 day, the 26th.   Here's the 25th, followed by the 26th.  Note that's a ZERO for the 26th.  0 PL's.  I use Automated.  Every single one of my listings is Promoted. 

25th.jpg26th.jpg

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel
eBay Community Mentor
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@mandisattictoyz wrote:

Anybody else notice the promoted listings are not showing up and the stats are way off after an email stating they have screwed up over the last 40 days with refunding promoted listings?  I look at my traffic every hour and my listings haven’t been promoted for about 3 hours now

Did not receive an email, but our impressions plummeted in the middle of Sept for several days.  Do you use PL standard or PL advanced?

Something has been off the past couple of days - impressions are way down again for some reason?

....... "The Ranger isn't gonna like it Yogi"......... Boo-Boo knew what he was talking about!

Posting ID Only.......
Yes, I have no Bananas, only Flamethrowers.......
Message 13 of 13
latest reply