cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promoted Listings - Another Question

Hello Ebay Sellers,

I have another advanced question for veteran sellers. When a sale is made while a listing is promoted, then the same buyer keeps purchasing the item from you weeks and months later, is it still a promoted sale? Ebay claims it is. I guess I'm not understanding the original impression(promoted) and sale. When I want to buy something again, I go to my purchase history and find the listing again. Also, what if that buyer buys a different item from me? I feel like once promoted listings has connected me with a buyer, I'm in a lifetime contract at promoted rates(vig). Kind of like a sales pyramid. 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@donsdetour well that seems unfair. You paid to promote item A and yes it resulted in a sale. However, you can not say subsequent sales are as a result of the promotion. Perhaps it was excellent customer service, speedy shipping, well packed items, pleasant communications that  brought a customer back.

Isn't the whole idea? Maybe I promote a listing to develop a new customer.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

anything purchased within 30 days of clicking on the promoted listing will enable a charge to the seller. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Well they found you with the promotion. its that that is giving you the sales so ebay will charge sure on further transactions: fair or not.... Just saying.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

"the-hook-and-the-loop"

Sounds like they hooked you and now you are in the loop.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

@donsdetour well that seems unfair. You paid to promote item A and yes it resulted in a sale. However, you can not say subsequent sales are as a result of the promotion. Perhaps it was excellent customer service, speedy shipping, well packed items, pleasant communications that  brought a customer back.

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

As I stated; it's 30 days from initial click.

If buyer clicks on their 'purchases' 2 weeks later, clicks 'buy another' and purchases again.. seller is charged.

If buyer does the same 6 weeks later, buyer is NOT charged. 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Do you listen to yourself type?

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I've accepted this as a solution because 1. I don't want to read anymore stupid replies and 2. Nothings going to change.

Thank you glasser for making good points.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

@glasser wrote:

Oh the sales from a user that never looked at what you sold em before promotions: is not due to the promotion you did??????

Yes good service does aid in a customer that may repeat purchase from you now that they found you.

A good thing and hope the continue to do so.

Yet for a time it will be by eBay see it as related to the original promotion...

Can not say I agree: but over all it should aid you well into the long run..

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

End the listing and re list it as a new item if you want to end the promotion on that item or reduce the promotion percentage. 

Buyer would have to find you again but it is a new listing and maybe you can do a lower percentage if it is selling well.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply