cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Projected Delivery Dates

This morning, I happened to look at one of my listings, and noticed a projected delivery date of June 11th-15th. I figured it was a glitch, and then noticed it on all my listings. I have 5 day handling, usually ship in 1-2 days, and ship either 1st class or Priority. I would say, on average, my packages arrive in 5-7 days, from date of sale. 

I called CS, and explained the issue. I was asked if I wanted to be in on the Guaranteed Delivery Program. Asking for more specifics than I read in the last update, I was informed I'd have to shorten my handling time to 1-2 days, which is a pressure I don't want or need. 

When I asked why my projected Delivery Dates were over a month out, explaining that it was 1-ridiculous and 2-detrimental to my sales, I was told that this is the delivery projection that will now be given on ALL listings, as of May, that are not part of guaranteed delivery. I was told that the "actual" projected date will change, once a purchase is made, and they will estimate based on the buyers zip code. My response was something to the effect of "They are not going to buy based on those kinds of dates, so they will never SEE the real date". Has anyone else noticed a change in their estimated deliveries? This seems crazy, no?

Message 1 of 47
latest reply
46 REPLIES 46

Re: Projected Delivery Dates

I build model cannons, I require 10 days handle time to order and machine parts, also this allows me to list many more items and control stock more effectivlty...Do the math, 14 days with weekends and 1 to 3 days priority, add a day if you ship in the afternoon, that's 19 days total from being paid, my listing now 49 days delivery estimate, THIS HAS KILLED MY SALES...this started or at least I became aware of it just around the 4th of July, normally a very busy time. I have since called twice and been told it was a glitch, and I was not being punished for late shipments or any such thing...each time, we will resolve it in 3 days and follow up...NEVER HAPPENED not even a follow up message....I've had almost no purchases this month.

Message 46 of 47
latest reply

Re: Projected Delivery Dates

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began, we have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread here: https://community.ebay.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/selling-db.

Thanks.

Message 47 of 47
latest reply