cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with combined invoicing

Whenever I get a message requesting a combined invoice, the link in the message goes to an entirely different invoicing page. Instead of a simple line for each item, it has pictures of the items and then at the bottom a shipping area with the usual shipping calculator icon but very different and additional fields.

The shipping calculator icon takes me to the usual calculator asking for package dimensions and weight. Sometimes it has my zipcode sometimes it doesn't, unlike the usual page which ALWAYS has my zipcode. Then when you go to the next page with the available shipping options, things go very wrong. Tonight I had a 12 oz package and it did not offer 1st Class. And when I chose my shipping options (other than 1st Class) and pressed the CLOSE button, it would not close and did not put my selections on the invoice.

But worse than all of this is trying to talk to someone on the help line and get them to understand what the problem is. The first tried to step me through sending an invoice. When I told her I managed to send an invoice already, she didn't know what to do. When I asked to speak to her supervisor trying to get to a more technical knowledge base, she put me on hold and then hung up several seconds later. 

The second call reached a different service person with pretty much the same level of help but I told this one about the previous person hanging up on me. So I wasn't hung up on and did get to speak to a supervisor. But, I honestly don't know if he really understood what the issue was because he also wanted to help me step through sending an invoice. It did end, finally, with him reading to me a fairly accurate description of the issue that would be sent to technical resources. But, will it be sent?

Honestly, I've reported problems before because every time they mess with the website something doesn't work right any more. And it may go on for weeks before it gets fixed. Which makes me wonder how many people have to complain before things are addressed. The regular help techs seem to think if you've worked around a problem then everything is good. But we shouldn't need to work around problems. They should be addressed in a timely manner and we should have help techs with a higher level of knowledge.

***********************************SIG LINE******************************************
Don't think of them as hot flashes. Think of it as your inner child playing with matches!;-)
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Problems with combined invoicing

How do you do a combined invoicing? Seller hub, orders, awaiting shipment, but then what?

I've called them and they give me totally false advise. "Oh yeah, that's how you do it", with no idea what they are talking about.... It seems they don't want to say "I don't know, I'll find out for you", they just give you a false answer and hope you'll go away. Very frustrating.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I'm a bit confused by this, I had 2 orders from a customer just last night. I saw they had not paid so I clicked on "send invoice" for one of them and both showed on the invoice. I entered the new shipping amount, hit send, and was even paid in moments. Very easy. One thing. I never ever work from links in messages. I go to my "orders awaiting payment" to send an invoice.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Yes, starting with an item on my sold list works fine. 

But, if eBay is going to include links in messages, they need to work. Never ever working from links in messages is fine but should not be necessary because everything should work the same no matter the approach.

***********************************SIG LINE******************************************
Don't think of them as hot flashes. Think of it as your inner child playing with matches!;-)
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

So if they've already paid for it you can't send them an invoice?

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I am having the same problem.  I sent out invoices last weekend; I clicked on the shipping calculator, entered the pertinent information, it took me to a page where I could select the options, which I did.  Then the only option after picking the options was to click on "close".  It used to be that it would transfer all the shipping options and amounts to the invoice and now it is not doing this.   I had to enter everything manually.  This is a real hassle.  Please advise how I can correct this.  Also is there a way to enter my zip code in the shipping calculator so I don't have to enter it each time?  It took me two to three times longer to send out invoices than it used to when it was working correctly.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply