cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PreSales

I've been told by eBay via a phone call that ebay will allow PreSales well over 30 days, many months even. I see lots of PreSales and am wondering how these sellers get around their shipping metric. Do they just mark the item shipped and later put in a tracking number? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: PreSales

You can set a very long handling time in the listings' settings.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Ebay Policy: Presale listings must clearly state that they are "presale" in the title and description, and guarantee shipment within 30 days of purchase.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Ebay customer service is famous for giving incorrect information. Below is the presale policy link. Presale items must be dispatched within 30 days of purchase. You may see listings that violate the policy. They haven't been caught yet. It is not worth the risk of losing one’s selling privileges to take such chances with one’s account.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/presale-policy?id=4252

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

What is a "presale?" I've never seen this term before.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

They take orders for a new item that has not been released for sale yet, usually things like electronics, video games, sneakers etc. then ship them when it is released.

This presale practice is just not compatible with Ebay. If a buyer waits for months and does not receive the item there is no recourse as Ebay Money Back Guarantee will most likely have expired by that time.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply