cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive feedback for bad buyers - need ideas

I know leaving feedback is voluntary, but I always leave feedback for buyers -- trying to have a positive attitude and have faith the buyer will be happy 🙂

Buyer won auction. Didn't pay. I filed Unpaid Item claim. Buyer paid.

Any ideas for positive feedback, since I can't say "difficult buyer, took 3 days to pay" lol.

Maybe... "thanks for your purchase" or "valued customer." ??

In a world where you can be anything, be kind.
Message 1 of 52
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

"thanks for your purchase" works for me.  It makes you look positive and professional.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 18 of 52
latest reply
51 REPLIES 51

@kate_lily

I would not leave a thing, until they leave you positive.

It's not like FB has any meaning at all.

Message 2 of 52
latest reply

@kate_lily I usually wait for the buyer to leave feedback first and then in a situation such as yours I put something along the lines of "Lightning fast payment, glad you found what you were looking for" just for kicks. You can't leave false positives so you might as well have fun with it and mess with the buyers mind. 

Hope this helps!

Message 3 of 52
latest reply

It seems harsh to call an auction winner that took 3 days to pay a bad buyer.  I know I'm probably too lenient, but I have sold since the days of payments arriving in the mail---whenever.

I give every paying buyer the same positive thanks upon payment.   I don't put any more thought into it than that.

Message 4 of 52
latest reply

@sockmonkeydave wrote:

@sockmonkeydave

Maybe FB means nothing to you because you have lots, lol. But I am trying to establish credibility with a new account. As for myself and my friends, we won't buy from a seller with a low FB number. We don't want to be guinea pigs for a seller that is learning the ropes.

I want to leave feedback for the 'bad' buyer first, because if I wait for her to leave it first, she may find this rude and it may further provoke her after I had to file Unpaid Item claim.

Message 5 of 52
latest reply

@fern*wood

When the bidder won the item, eBay sent a payment notice. I waited two days and sent a reminder. Still no response from buyer. So, per eBay's T&Cs, I waited the mandatory 3 days to file an Unpaid Item claim.

I admit, I was biased because this is the third time the exact same item went up for auction and the third time the winning bidder did not pay.
Message 6 of 52
latest reply

NO!!

The deadbeat got a Strike. Two of those will Block her from bidding on many if not most listings.

You can set your Seller Preferences to Block bidders with deadbeat Strikes.

Who do you think reads feedback?

Not the buyer. She doesn't care what you think of her.

Not other sellers.

85% of transactions are Fixed Price. The seller meets the buyer when he buys.

Most Auctions opt for Buy It Now. The seller meets the buyer when he buys.

The few auctions that get bids get them in the last few minutes . The seller meets the buyer when he buys.

So who sees Feedback?

Your future potential buyers.

And negative feedback tells them that you are not easy to deal with.

Backbutton.

File the UIDs and get your fees back. Block the deadbeat. Move on.

Message 7 of 52
latest reply

In these cases, my feedback says, "Paid in 6 days.  Recommended Customer."  I think it's helpful for other sellers to know they are a bit slow in paying, but the money will come.

Message 8 of 52
latest reply

@femmefan1946 wrote:

NO!!

The deadbeat got a Strike. Two of those will Block her from bidding on many if not most listings.

You can set your Seller Preferences to Block bidders with deadbeat Strikes.

Who do you think reads feedback?

Not the buyer. She doesn't care what you think of her.

Not other sellers.

85% of transactions are Fixed Price. The seller meets the buyer when he buys.

Most Auctions opt for Buy It Now. The seller meets the buyer when he buys.

The few auctions that get bids get them in the last few minutes . The seller meets the buyer when he buys.

So who sees Feedback?

Your future potential buyers.

And negative feedback tells them that you are not easy to deal with.

Backbutton.

File the UIDs and get your fees back. Block the deadbeat. Move on.

The OP said the buyer paid so UID can't be opened.  But I wouldn't bother with feedback.  OP if she leaves it for you and you feel like you must reciprocate, I'd go with "thank you for your purchase".

Don't create a problem that isn't there.

Joe

Message 9 of 52
latest reply

Your own quote "As for myself and my friends, we won't buy from a seller with a low FB number. We don't want to be guinea pigs for a seller that is learning the ropes." SO... if Myself and everyone else took your same attitude I guess you would'nt be selling much, you yourself stated you are trying to establish a NEW account and you ONLY have 32 Feed Backs! What makes you so special?

Message 10 of 52
latest reply

@kate_lily

@kate_lily wrote:

@sockmonkeydave wrote:

@sockmonkeydave

Maybe FB means nothing to you because you have lots, lol. But I am trying to establish credibility with a new account. As for myself and my friends, we won't buy from a seller with a low FB number. We don't want to be guinea pigs for a seller that is learning the ropes.

I want to leave feedback for the 'bad' buyer first, because if I wait for her to leave it first, she may find this rude and it may further provoke her after I had to file Unpaid Item claim.

Well, I have 352 pos. FB on over 1500 transactions, no negs or newts.

But we all start at zero, depending on the item, I would buy from a low FB seller.

You say you and your friends won't buy from a low FB seller.

But you don't know the sellers history, or experience just from FB.

Ebay is the only online venue that I know of were buyers can rate sellers.

and sellers have their hands tied by only giving 100% for buyers.

ebay should just get rid of FB.

I give all paying buyers good FB, even when they pay slow.

Message 11 of 52
latest reply

I buy all the time-pay upon win -doesn't matter if  it was auction or buy it now-if i don' have the funds available to pay then --i don't bid or buy--that's how i roll-always have-aways will-------------------Sellers give me good feedback-some don't leave feedback at all----the point is if it takes 3 or 4 days to be able to pay for something--do you think good feedback should be given?-----Personaly when i did sell if a buyer sent a message that he couldn't pay in a day or two i would hold off--but if given a lie-the buyer got np filed-blacklisted-no feedback.

Sometimes buyers don't have ready funds-waiting on a payday -etc i understand that--understanding has it's limits--the understanding limits are set by ones own thinking.

do what you feel best suits the situation-don't feel guility about it.

Message 12 of 52
latest reply

Are you aware that as a seller, your feedback is effectively 27 (actually 26 since that neutral you got isn't counted positive or negative toward your rating)?  Your 13 received as a buyer does not reflect your abilities as a seller in any way, since buyer feedback can only be positive.

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 13 of 52
latest reply

They need to get rid of buyer feedback altogether, since all buyers get either positive feedback or none at all.  The worst buyer I ever had to deal with ended up being a fairly well known scammer who will go to great lengths to try to get products for free or at a deep discount by claiming all sorts of lies; and then sending back junk if forced to return.

On the account he used in his attempt to steal from me (he got a courtesy refund from eBay at no cost to me instead), his feedback is currently at 33,141, a perfect 100% rating, because he only buys on that account, so can only receive positive feedback. 

If it works, sell it. If it works well, sell it for more. If it doesn't work, quadruple the price and sell it as an antique.

-- Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #80
Message 14 of 52
latest reply

Putting ANY kind of comment that is not fully positive is against eBay's policies and can get you in trouble if the buyer reports it.  Just don't do it.

eBay gives a buyer a minimum of 6 days to pay, and that is only if you open the Unpaid Item Dispute at exactly 48 hours after the end of the listing/auction.  You have no reason to call a buyer bad if they pay within that amount of time. 

All that said, I do understand that it is annoying as the devil to wait days for payment.  That is why I use Immediate Payment Required.  I also do a lot of best Offers and am not happy when those buyers take days to pay. But I put up with it, and never ding their feedback for it. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 15 of 52
latest reply