cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive Sales since GTC started

We have all heard from the sellers claiming that GTC is hurting their sales and I can empathize. These seem to be the sellers who listed primarily with the short duration fixed price listings (less than 30 days). 

I would like to hear from the sellers who have always used GTC or 30 day FP listings that are seeing the positive side to this...

I have always used the 30 day option on my Fixed Price listings and track my numbers historically. My sales are up 27%, year over year, since GTC took effect on March 18th (thru today).

Any other sellers out there, who have always used 30 day FP listings and/or GTC prior to this change, that are seeing positive sales numbers since March 18th? 

Message 1 of 53
latest reply
52 REPLIES 52

Re: Positive Sales since GTC started

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@yuzuha wrote:

My sales are definitely up so far!  I sell mostly one-offs rather than multi-quantity items and this month I've seen a significant jump in sales over last month.  I sold a bunch of things that had been listed in the past couple of months, but then I also sold a few things I'd had hanging around for over a year, which I'm taking as a good sign that GTC listings ARE in fact getting more search engine visibility.

Congratulations, @yuzuha I'm very happy to hear your sales are up!  Hopefully that trend will continue; I wish you all the best!

Thanks!  Honestly, I find that the hardest part is sourcing good stuff.  Listing it is the easy part!

Message 46 of 53
latest reply

I have used 30 day FP almost exclusively. Had some fun with a couple of items at auction. My inventory is not a draw for auctions IMO. My sales are steady, falling within a certain range per month for four years. It’s still too early for me to gauge if GTC will help, hurt or have no effect. I have read all the GTC is the end of the world threads and figure those sellers must have much higher sales and expectations than this small seller. I haven’t yet ended a GTC listing early to list it anew. But I will probably try that at some point. Most of my stuff takes a long time to sell, so the GTC didn’t seem like a big change to me.

Message 47 of 53
latest reply

I also have had some items sell within hours and others took two years (a couple of those brought me the biggest profit I ever made!).

It’s all in one’s perspective. As a seller with 50-75 items listed at a time, I’m pretty happy with the hundreds I make. Now if this were my living and something changed drastically to the downside, I would be upset like a lot of people on the boards. I can’t yet tell how GTC will affect sellers like me. 

I am hoping that eBay got this one right. But I don’t know why eBay couldn’t have left the choice to the sellers. GTC has been around and sellers had the option to choose it.....

Message 48 of 53
latest reply

I also have had some items sell within hours and others took two years (a couple of those brought me the biggest profit I ever made!).

It’s all in one’s perspective. As a seller with 50-75 items listed at a time, I’m pretty happy with the hundreds I make. Now if this were my living and something changed drastically to the downside, I would be upset like a lot of people on the boards. I can’t yet tell how GTC will affect sellers like me. 

I am hoping that eBay got this one right. But I don’t know why eBay couldn’t have left the choice to the sellers. GTC has been around and sellers had the option to choose it.

Message 49 of 53
latest reply

GTC is a non issue for me. I've been using it for years even on one off items. What I think has been affecting my sale is the zone base shipping change.  I've seen an increase in local sales but a big decline in West Coast sales. (I'm on the East Coast.) Right now i'm up 15% to last month but down 20% to last year. This is usually the start of my busy time not including Christmas. So hoping thins will pick up soon.

Message 50 of 53
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

@castlemagicmemories wrote:

@yuzuha wrote:

My sales are definitely up so far!  I sell mostly one-offs rather than multi-quantity items and this month I've seen a significant jump in sales over last month.  I sold a bunch of things that had been listed in the past couple of months, but then I also sold a few things I'd had hanging around for over a year, which I'm taking as a good sign that GTC listings ARE in fact getting more search engine visibility.

Congratulations, @yuzuha I'm very happy to hear your sales are up!  Hopefully that trend will continue; I wish you all the best!

Thanks!  Honestly, I find that the hardest part is sourcing good stuff.  Listing it is the easy part!

You're welcome!  Hope you find lots of good stuff!  Usually it's harder to be motivated to list.  But you seem to have knocked that out of the park!Smiley Happy

Message 51 of 53
latest reply

GTC destroyed my sales...down 80+%..  Ebay's actions benefit large business not me.  But it's free market Capitalism... I support that. It must be good for them...  I was definitely "GOOD 'TIL CANCELED"  ugh

Message 52 of 53
latest reply

@yuzuha wrote:

Many are upset over the possibility of more fees and the loss of the ability to choose the duration they wish to use, and that is understandable.  But compounding this is that it had been said that the longer GTC listings go on, the more they sink in visibility.  So it seems incongruous now to think that there is an advantage to them, although they say that this will help those who shop by a general online search.

Message 53 of 53
latest reply