cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Policy Violation Issue

I listed close to 100 autographed cards and was unaware that they were against the rules. I removed them all after my first policy violation. I am still getting policy violations for items that are no longer listed. I now have a 3-day restriction. I am still getting policy violations. I am afraid that if this continues I will get permanently banned. What do I do?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Policy Violation Issue

You still have 9 items that are 'autographed'.  

Possibly you are missing removing those and/or others?

You typically will NOT get any 'warnings' for items that are no longer listed....

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Policy Violation Issue

I still see 1,900(+) listings for you, so I don't know what 'restriction' you're suffering. What was the reason given that the cards were "against the rules"? What the heck were they??

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Policy Violation Issue

The phone reps have a terrible reputation for getting you off the phone as soon as possible even if that means giving you the advice you want to hear instead of the advice you need to have.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Policy Violation Issue

It sounds like Vero violations?

I have heard of people receiving Vero notices on items that were ended or sold.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Policy Violation Issue

The whole issue surrounding autographed sports cards seems complex. So it would help us to understand the reasons eBay objected to your cards? (Were they objecting to the reproduced cards? Were they listed as original but were reprints?)

I have never heard of eBay sanctioning a seller on items no longer listed, except for sold items where the buyer then alerts eBay to a serious issue with the item. Those are tough, because that is a scenario where eBay considers that the buyer has been directly affected by a seller’s violation. That can get a seller in hot water.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Policy Violation Issue

I am getting policy violations for items that are no longer listed.

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

Policy Violation Issue

I had a 3-day restriction for listing autographed cards that were not authenticated.  I am no longer restricted at the moment, but I am getting policy violations for items that are no longer listed and I am afraid I will eventually get another restriction.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

Policy Violation Issue

The issue is that they are aftermarket autographs and have not been authenticated.

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Policy Violation Issue

I see at least 3 high priced autograph items now...need to be authenticated...I would take then off ASAP.

And the feedbacks are not really looking good on your behalf. Just my opinion.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

Policy Violation Issue

@decalutions wrote:

I had a 3-day restriction for listing autographed cards that were not authenticated.  I am no longer restricted at the moment, but I am getting policy violations for items that are no longer listed and I am afraid I will eventually get another restriction.

Are you sure the autographed cards that are listed have genuine autographs of the people whose signatures are on them? 

albertabrightalberta
Volunteer Community Mentor

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Policy Violation Issue

However the only time I heard of someone getting notices on items that are no longer active they were Vero violations. Vero is different than an "ebay policy violation" as a Vero issue would have to be taken up with the property rights owner.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/selling-policies/intellectual-property-vero-prog...

Message 13 of 13
latest reply