cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone number for ebay

Does anyone know the phone number for ebay?

Message 1 of 12
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Phone number for ebay

@can2468 

There are a number of ways to contact customer service:

• Follow the appropriate prompts through the "Help & Contact" link on any eBay webpage. Options vary, but may include: "Call us," "Have us call you," live chat, or email. 
  • Send a direct message via Twitter: www.twitter.com/askebay
  • Send a private message via Facebook: www.facebook.com/ebayforbusiness

View Best Answer in original post

Message 5 of 12
latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Google is your friend.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 12
latest reply

You cannot call them...you give them YOUR PHONE NUMBER and they will call you back.  You need to go to HELP and select your reason for contact.   Then you can go to bottom of screen and request CALLBACK (enter your phone number).

Message 3 of 12
latest reply

Many of us can't talk with them on the phone.  If you're not one of the privileged who can select a call back then your only means to contact them is on Facebook or twitter.  I've got help that way and so have others.  Unfortunately it's the only option for a lot of us.  

Message 4 of 12
latest reply

@can2468 

There are a number of ways to contact customer service:

• Follow the appropriate prompts through the "Help & Contact" link on any eBay webpage. Options vary, but may include: "Call us," "Have us call you," live chat, or email. 
  • Send a direct message via Twitter: www.twitter.com/askebay
  • Send a private message via Facebook: www.facebook.com/ebayforbusiness
Message 5 of 12
latest reply

@bonjourami wrote:

Google is your friend.  NOT!

@bonjourami  -- Not in this case, it isn't. You should never use google to try  to find the customer service contact info for a website.

Unfortunately, scammers know that people have become far too reliant (and trusting!) of search engines. So they will often deliberately create deceptive (or phishing or scamming) websites, and then boost them in the search results to get them to the top of the page. 

Specifically with respect to eBay, there have been several threads recently, from members who were cheated by scammers who were pretending to offer "eBay customer support" for a "small fee" ... who then persuaded the members to let them remote access their computers, and access google pay to collect their fees. One member said the scammers had completely emptied their google pay account. These members thought they were contacting eBay customer support, and at least one posted a phone number that was almost the same as eBay's CS phone number. (A different toll-free area code.)

@can2468 -- to reach eBay customer support by phone, click on Help & Contact (top or bottom of almost any page), then choose the topic you need help with. Once you get to the Help page for that topic, if the info does't solve your problem, scroll down to the bottom of the page. During office hours (California time) there will usually be an option there to "Have us call you".

Because of the pandemic, most eBay employees are working from home, so you can't call them. But they will call you back, and the wait time is usually short for most issues. Make sure you phone number is up to date, and if you don't get a call back within the estimated time (or shortly after), and if you used a cell phone, there's a good chance that the mobile company blocked the call as potential spam. If that happens, get them to call a land line number instead, then add the number to your contact list on your mobile, so that it won't be blocked in the future.

Message 6 of 12
latest reply

I don't have FAcebook or Twitter and I don't see a Call Me Back option. It says that the service will be closed by the time an agent calls back.  Ebay used to deduct my invoice fees now they say I OWE THEM MONEY. They suddenly stopped deducting my invoice fees now that they control my money instead of Paypal?? How does that make any sense?

Message 7 of 12
latest reply

go to customer help and find a phone number

Message 8 of 12
latest reply

Not getting any call-back option. Never using eBay again!

Message 9 of 12
latest reply

If they will not provide a customer service number then we will just switch to Amazon!

Message 10 of 12
latest reply

Trying to pay the  buyer money through ebay so I can receive my Motorcycle through ebay 

Message 11 of 12
latest reply

@whitewol_45 

Where was this listed?

You need to be very careful here..

There are a LOT of scams involving vehicles.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 12 of 12
latest reply