cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Payment Requests

Hello,

I am selling a designer brand men's shirt for $900. A "buyer" that has had 3 good reviews over a couple years time asked me to send a PayPal payment request including the item number as a description. I told him that I have the "buy now" price on the listing as the price we had agreed on and that he can purchase it that way now, or he could wait till later tonight and I will send him the PayPal request. He stated that he will wait for the request. Is this a scam? or is there some other reason why a buyer would want to do this? 

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Paypal Payment Requests

9 REPLIES 9

Paypal Payment Requests

Anonymous
Not applicable

Total scam. Block that buyer (even though doing so will not prevent him from messaging you).

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Paypal Payment Requests

Scam, you will get a fake "paid" notice and told to ship.......NEVER respond to messages like this.....they may even offer you more $$ than you are asking.......but it will be a scam.....

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Paypal Payment Requests

100% scam. You are a new seller that is selling higher priced items. You are going to attract the attention of a lot of scammers unfortunately. 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Paypal Payment Requests

You were right to put "buyer" in quotation marks..

That's NOT a buyer.. Sorry.. 

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Paypal Payment Requests

New sellers are a target for scammers.

https://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/index.html 

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Paypal Payment Requests

Anonymous
Not applicable

Again, I have yet to determine the formula for seller limits. Baffled as to why you can sell thousands of dollars worth of stuff but some new sellers are limited to 1 item @ $10.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Paypal Payment Requests

@Anonymous wrote:

Again, I have yet to determine the formula for seller limits. Baffled as to why you can sell thousands of dollars worth of stuff but some new sellers are limited to 1 item @ $10.

EXACTLY..

Almost makes me think they're soft pulling credit scores LOL

~Pika~
People in life that are the happiest don't have the most,, they make the most of what they have...

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Paypal Payment Requests

@Anonymous wrote:

I suspect this will be the best question of the day. 

Hmmmmm makes you think..

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Paypal Payment Requests

SCAM.  Your instincts are good!  Ignore all further messages from this person and add to your Blocked  Bidder List. 

=

Message 10 of 10
latest reply