cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payouts are currently on hold because your eBay account is restricted

I've been an eBayer for 19 years- with same address- email- phone number & bank account. ALL positive feedback- never an issue selling. Oh a 6 digit credit line as a seller- and excellent credit score.

I received an email requesting information- a driver's license & bank statement to verify my account . Huh?- the day before- and the day before that- you had just deposited money in my account?

So I scan my DL and first page of my Bank Statement- but cover the amounts. The numbers- address- bank all visible- and it's one of the larger Brick and Mortar banks. AND have had that SAME account for 40 years...

Emailed me a second time- telling me my DL needs the back too and still need my bank statement.  So I send over front and back DL and a voided check.

Receive another message-my picture isn't clear enough??? And still need a bank statement.

I look up this- https://www.ebay.com/help/selling/getting-paid/registering-seller?id=4792

"If you don’t want to upload a bank statement, you can upload a voided check. Your name, bank name, routing number, and account number will need to be visible."

I speak to a rep- she goes over my account and says I do need  a better picture- OK that's ridicules but I do it anyway.  Go over my account and EVERYTHING is correct with what she has- good to go.  Then tells me my check is missing a tiny piece on the corner. Oh that's how it tore out- I redo that too!

A day later I get a message saying they need a bank statement.... I speak to a supervisor and he's say they need a bank statement- more then the first page. I ask him about the previous rep who I corrected the missing corner on the check and higher resolution DL- wasn't good enough?  Says bank statement was just the first page- OK-  I'll send the first couple pages of my bank statement- amounts blacked out.

A day or so later - same thing - need a bank statement.

This seems to be a game-call and speak to a supervisor again.....

I asked for any legal agreement where a full bank statement is needed.  Only under FBI investigation- or if the IRS had an open investigation on me -would I hand over my full bank statement.  Way too much information for someone to have if hacked- which these days it not "if" it's "when."

I have received tens of thousands of dollars so far this year- all to my bank account.

I'm continuing to sell- account is building up- products are being delivered and eBay is getting their fees- however they are sitting on my money processed BEFORE all these requests.

So can some one direct me to an agreement/ legal documentation on why this is going on? I have verified everything BUT how much money is in my account. I'm tired of spending an hour on the phone to get a supervisor.

Anybody have a contact? Where to go- Who to talk with,,,,,

Frustrated seller

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Go to Ebays business page on Facebook, very helpful there, and better trained csr's.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Go to Ebays business page on Facebook, very helpful there, and better trained csr's.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 2 of 27
latest reply

Are you sure that your funds arent being held because until your recent large sales, looks like you havent sold anything for six months. Ebay considers sellers who havent sold in ninety days to be new sellers, and will hold funds up to twenty one days.

Message 3 of 27
latest reply

Don't know what you are seeing-but for the past 12 months average sales  per month is in the 5 digits.

Message 4 of 27
latest reply

I don't do Facebook- but I'll get my wife to check on that.

Message 5 of 27
latest reply

You have sold about $2200 in December, these would be considered large amounts for a new seller, which is what eBay are treating you as since you appear to have had a 6 month break.

Also when you joined managed payments did you give eBay your full SSN# or just the last 4 digits, eBay now need the full SSN#  for the issuance of the 1009k next year.

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness  http://www.twitter.com/askebay

Send a private message.  Include your user ID, email address, phone number, and a brief message.

I have been imported from Australia and this is my posting ID
Message 6 of 27
latest reply

Hmmmm. I think eBay is trying to get at the source of what you are selling. Ebay has been clamping down hard on people selling new and expensive stuff. Since they have not asked, don't volunteer that information, but you probably should prepare for them asking for your source of what you are selling with payment info.  You however have been selling what you have for almost a year now so it would be strange if that should become an issue now. 

Message 7 of 27
latest reply

@downunder-61 wrote:

You have sold about $2200 in December, these would be considered large amounts for a new seller, which is what eBay are treating you as since you appear to have had a 6 month break.

click on the solds.

OP has sold multiples of each.

Has many sales

Message 8 of 27
latest reply

They have my ss#- my is retired IRS- so trust me I have that covered.

In the last 7 days I have more sales than $2200.  Last 31 days 5 times that. 

That is odd- went to my store and did a "completed " search- 4 sales show up?  Really odd?

It just shows that I have sold (1) of each of the four products I have for sale?

So- I'm not new- sales have be relative "close" totals each month for the last year

Message 9 of 27
latest reply

Sorry, I was just going on the 4 sold, must be some glitchy business that others are not showing up.

I hope you get this sorted ASAP - try Facebook, the are way better than CS, good luck with it all.

Message 10 of 27
latest reply

*************************************follow up***************************

Looked at other merchants that sell a select few products- but sell several of each. Same result- just shows one of each. So take note- can't judge total sales of a seller  by that method

Message 11 of 27
latest reply

@buyselljack2016 wrote:

@downunder-61 wrote:

click on the solds.

OP has sold multiples of each.

Has many sales

I shall blame it on an eBay glitch coz I am never wrong LOL

Message 12 of 27
latest reply

The first thing I noticed is AC/Delco...  AC/Delco is a company that rigorously defends its products as there are so many knock off's.  AC/Delco allows for authorized distributors/resellers only more than likely IMHO to defend against countless matters up to and including resale of their products towards unauthorized use, can add for profit to that.

Odd's could be that a competitor contacted AC/Delco and now via Vero and/or legal beagles at AC/Delco or a firm charged with AC/Delco rights is taking a look at you.  Could be wrong but these issues are all over the place on the web.  Why would AC/Delco care?  Well, lets say one of those motors used for wipers being used as Headlamps catches fire, whatever, someone get's their finger stuck and busted.  Does the consumer go at a reseller, nope... AC/Delco only to find AC/Delco telling them its unauthorized usage sold by an unauthorized reseller.  There are buckets of reasons corporations do what they do, hopefully I'm wrong but I've read of much stranger things happening, just a guess.

Message 13 of 27
latest reply

Oh - there are already several knock offs of  the AC Delco motors for sale on eBay already-

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184620130798?hash=item2afc37a1ee:g:hEYAAOSwmV9f~1y8

I've talked to AC Delco- they told me to just buy them from a vendor.  If that was an issue- eBay would have immediately taken down my listing- yet I'm still selling- delivering the product - no returns in several hundred sales. Unless you count the guy that ordered just one kit- 10 minutes after the sale- canceled to buy the combination kit. I understand that money sitting in limbo- but not on product that has been delivered- for weeks.

Message 14 of 27
latest reply

If this had been a VERO take down and hold, Ebay would have told you that.

Message 15 of 27
latest reply