cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying for Concierge through an Anchor Level Store. No Access for TWENTY FOUR Days

Just want to make this post to show the community how an example of the commonly themed 'larger sellers get preferred treatment' is absolute nonsense.

I pay for an anchor level store, only for concierge so I don't have to deal with the base level support for issues. I have found when speaking to base level support, that I want to drown myself in liquor shortly afterwards. I mostly blame this feeling onto eBay, because there is a severe lack of training to these agents.

The concierge phone number when called, asks me to go through 'Help & Contact' on eBay.com, which then I end up with base level support. Called FOURTEEN times over the last 24 days, and I get told it will be fixed and I will receive a call that next day. Not ONCE did that happen.

Emailed concierge at their dedicated email address. Guess what. I get transferred to a base level agent that blames it on a technical issue and asks: 

"It is in times like these that we badly need your support as we do get really concerned that our customers are not having a good experience as we always aim for."

I nearly spit out my drink when reading this in laughter.

Nothing like paying $300 a month for a service I can't access. Just when I thought this website couldn't be more broken, I get surprised.

Just let it all go to 0 eBay. This is a tragedy of a platform that once supported small businesses and now enjoys wizzing all over their faces. '

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Paying for Concierge through an Anchor Level Store. No Access for TWENTY FOUR Days

I didn't know about the $300. a month for such a  service. Does it really exists?

I do know about calling customer service and having several drinks while doing that though. I stopped calling CS due to wasting good wine.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Have you considered reaching out to eBay on Facebook or Twitter? That's what all the cool kids are doing.

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

@frugality_inc wrote:

Just want to make this post to show the community how an example of the commonly themed 'larger sellers get preferred treatment' is absolute nonsense.

I pay for an anchor level store, only for concierge so I don't have to deal with the base level support for issues. I have found when speaking to base level support, that I want to drown myself in liquor shortly afterwards. I mostly blame this feeling onto eBay, because there is a severe lack of training to these agents.

The concierge phone number when called, asks me to go through 'Help & Contact' on eBay.com, which then I end up with base level support. Called FOURTEEN times over the last 24 days, and I get told it will be fixed and I will receive a call that next day. Not ONCE did that happen.

Emailed concierge at their dedicated email address. Guess what. I get transferred to a base level agent that blames it on a technical issue and asks: 

"It is in times like these that we badly need your support as we do get really concerned that our customers are not having a good experience as we always aim for."

I nearly spit out my drink when reading this in laughter.

Nothing like paying $300 a month for a service I can't access. Just when I thought this website couldn't be more broken, I get surprised.

Just let it all go to 0 eBay. This is a tragedy of a platform that once supported small businesses and now enjoys wizzing all over their faces. '

@frugality_inc you are not the only one - I've seen a lot of reports that sellers who are supposed to be receiving "dedicated support" due to having anchor or enterprise store subscriptions have not been able to access that support recently.

Here's just one examples from @jackassretro :

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Report-eBay-Technical-Issues/My-Call-Routing-To-Anchor-Support-Has-bee...

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

There is no such thing as wasting good wine as long as you are the one drinking it!😁
You just need a reason.
Today is "National Potato Day".
All the excuse I need.
Here's to spuds!!!

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

There was a post on here the other day with someone saying that several Concierge reps told them the Dept was going away.  It's on my list of things to do to try & call & see what happens.  I haven't heard anything to indicate they're going away except for that one thread, but ofc it's possible.  

This one goes to Eleven - Nigel Tufnel

Simply-the-best-for-you Volunteer Community Mentor
eBay Seller since 1996

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

@12345jamesstamps wrote:

I didn't know about the $300. a month for such a  service. Does it really exists?

I do know about calling customer service and having several drinks while doing that though. I stopped calling CS due to wasting good wine.

@12345jamesstamps just to clarify, it's not like an extra service you can pay $300 for and that's not all you get for the $300, it's just supposed to be one of the extra perks if you happen to have an anchor store subscription at ~$300/month or enterprise subscription at ~$3,000/month.

storesub.jpg

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

We had that same issue happen one time, Make you really appreciate the difference in assistance you receive as a Concierge Seller. After experiencing obviously what the other sellers are going through Id certainly appreciate the Concierge Service and that department. Just remember every time you pay that subscription the difference in service you get is 100 percent worth it but of course, it's only worth it when the technology works. My understanding is eBay is trying to update the whole system and running into glitches that they are trying to resolve. We are going through so many issues it would take a whole page to rant about but slowly they seem to be fixing it. and won't get fixed unless we report the problems. that said it looks Like You're certainly doing a good job as a Seller and eBay would go out of its way to keep you happy  

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

I have the concierge service and all you have to do is access them through the website on your account. They get back with me lightening fast. NEVER had a problem with this and all of them are highly trained and know what they are doing.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

It is a perk of having an Anchor Store.  The $300 is the cost of the store @12345jamesstamps .  It is a perk they pay for.  I know I'm jealous too, but I by no means can support an Anchor store, so I'm fine where I'm at and I respect they are paying for a service they are not getting.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Others have reported this as well.  Someone mentioned on here before that if you call concierge too many times, they will auto-route you to base level support or ask a series of questions to direct you to the website.  Please keep us up-to-date with how it works out for you.

Message 11 of 11
latest reply