cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal...is it down?

I am trying to pay for something and all I get is the spinning wheel.  Tried to log directly onto the PayPal site and get the same thing...anyone know if there are problems.  EBay is also slow and the connection dropped once.  Yahoo seems fine so I don't think it is me.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: PayPal...is it down?

@moondogblues 

Just did a login to PP.  No issue.

PC

Windows 10 pro

Microsoft Edge

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Sounds more like a weak internet connection, hence the spinning. Try again later. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Just made a purchase in one of my crane game apps with PayPal with no problems.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@moondogblues wrote:

I am trying to pay for something and all I get is the spinning wheel.  Tried to log directly onto the PayPal site and get the same thing...anyone know if there are problems.  EBay is also slow and the connection dropped once.  Yahoo seems fine so I don't think it is me.

You don't have to use PP to pay for stuff on Ebay.  If you are using your credit card through PP, you can do that directly in Ebay if you want.  Now of course if you are using cash you have in your PP account, then that is certainly an issue.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member  •  Buyer/Seller since 1999
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I finally got the payments to go through, though it was very slow.  Yahoo started dropping the connections too.  My service is through CenturyLink which is now being challenged by Spectrum.  CL has always been erratic, but Spectrum is not on my fave list after having cut the cable supposedly by a contractor while wiring the poles.  We were down for 2 days.  They finally found the pieces of cable on the ground.

I worked telecom for 30 years.  Stuff happens, squirrels, sharks, power companies digging where they shouldn't, but cables clipped when a competitor is wiring...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

On the other hand maybe the Net was slow because we were all wishing Happy Spring!!!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply