cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parts & Accessories no longer have TRS+ Badge on listings

I just noticed this as of yesterday. Even though in Parts & Accessories we are exempt from Free Returns, which allows us to keep TRS+ as long as we meet 30 Day Shipping and 1 Day Handling, the TRS+ badge is no longer appearing on any listings. Even worse is that I also have noticed a spike in my seller fees since the weekend, which I have ebay looking into this. Has this occured for anyone else selling in Parts & Accessories?

Message 1 of 35
latest reply
34 REPLIES 34

Wrong they are exempt from Free Shipping. You can charge to ship them but you must still offer Free returns. 

Your not alone on this. Anyone can now buy Books, DVD's, CD, Car Parts and use them and make the seller pay to return them when they are done. 

Message 2 of 35
latest reply

I think you have the wrong category, Parts & Accessories falls under ebay Motors. We are exempt from Free Returns in this category.

Message 3 of 35
latest reply

Many sellers have reported that the TR-Plus badge isn't showing on eligible listings in catgories with exemptions. Perhaps the programming just hasn't caught up yet.

Message 4 of 35
latest reply

I sell books (Media) and they fall under the same exact exemption as Parts. 

So this example shows me offering 30 day money back guaranteeand I charge shipping. No badge. 

1.pngAnd this listing also has the charged shipping but offers 30 day free returns. And it does have the badge. To get your badge and 10% discount you MUST offer Free Returns or as I like to call it a Free Rental system. For you its a free Lets see if this part fixes it and if it doesn't I can just return for a full refund. 

2.png

Message 5 of 35
latest reply

Oh by the way just in case it comes up. 

These are both new listings so not grandfathered in like some. I tried every combination I could think of to get the badge without free shipping and it was a big NOPE.

So again. For parts. You Can charge shipping but you Must offer a 30 FREE RETURN to get your rather insulting 10% discount for the HUGE risk your taking. 

Look at it this way. You can now spend all the time you've wasted jumping through hoops and shipping 6 days a week working on your own Parts website. Or moving to another platform that values its sellers. Or Find a new Job like me. Im a 17 year full time seller on eBay and sometime you just need to know when to move on. Ive already fired up the old Resume but unfortunately I cant use Ebay as a reference. Its kind of embarrassed to say Ive put up with all their ***Bleep*** for so long. 

Message 6 of 35
latest reply

I just remember I have a speaker from my old Edge Im selling so an example directly from eBay motors.

Top is Free Shipping but charged returns. NO Badge. Just like you my friend. 

Bottom has Free Shipping and Free Returns and a Badge. So again. To all those reading this. The new eBay policy even for the excluded categories is FREE RETURNS or not badge or discount. 

Image2.png

Message 7 of 35
latest reply

To add, earlier an eBay csr and I took one of my listing and added free returns which now shows the badge. He said not to worry since we would still get the 10% discount, but man why is this so broken. It’s like a one size fits all shop which isn’t working.
Message 8 of 35
latest reply

Wow thats not whay I was told by CS. No discout without a Free Return.

Im not arguing with you, you may be correct. I guess we just have wait and see. 

Message 9 of 35
latest reply

Same here, whatever at this point.  In 19 years, they never make a mistake or "glitch" that falls in the sellers favor. 

Message 10 of 35
latest reply

@k-mansparts wrote:

Same here, whatever at this point.  In 19 years, they never make a mistake or "glitch" that falls in the sellers favor. 

At least not one that isn't fixed immediately .................

Which CS did you talk to? I have an anchor store so I get US support and they’ve confirmed that we will still get the discount without the free returns since we are exempt.

Message 12 of 35
latest reply

brian@ebay
eBay Staff (Alumni)

Hi everyone! While some categories exempt from the 30-day free returns requirement can qualify for the 10% Top Rated Plus discount with a shorter return policy or buyer paid returns, they will not qualify for the Top Rated badge unless 30-day free returns are offered. The resources available on the site were not clear on this point, so we are currently in the process of updating these pages to be clearly explain that the Top Rated badge will not appear on listings which do not offer free 30-day returns.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 13 of 35
latest reply

brian@ebay wrote:
 ... some categories exempt from the 30-day free returns requirement can qualify for the 10% Top Rated Plus discount with a shorter return policy or buyer paid returns, they will not qualify for the Top Rated badge unless 30-day free returns are offered. The resources available on the site were not clear on this point ...

brian@ebay. I hope you understand why were were confused. The Spring Seller Update had an entire section about exceptions that specifically referred to the TR-Plus seal.

Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 7.29.45 PM.png

Message 14 of 35
latest reply

Another foul up ??????

brian@ebay wrote:

Hi everyone! While some categories exempt from the 30-day free returns requirement can qualify for the 10% Top Rated Plus discount with a shorter return policy or buyer paid returns, they will not qualify for the Top Rated badge unless 30-day free returns are offered. The resources available on the site were not clear on this point, so we are currently in the process of updating these pages to be clearly explain that the Top Rated badge will not appear on listings which do not offer free 30-day returns.

Message 15 of 35
latest reply