cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POWER SELLERS ARE BECOMING A DYING BREED

I don't know if anyone has noticed but its getting real hard to remain a power seller or returning to a power seller again. I used to be a power for some time. I have only now realized that I am not anymore.

Got me looking around, and I have found quite a bit of an absence of power sellers.

Ebay bosting that they are helping sellers by implementing changes like the recent GTC , need to think again. It seems we are going in the wrong direction.

Message 1 of 41
latest reply
40 REPLIES 40

How do you know whether a seller is a power seller or not?

Message 2 of 41
latest reply

I look at a seller's feedback - I don't look for the power seller badge.

Message 3 of 41
latest reply

Power sellers bages haven't be shown for years..........all the requirement is for the bottom tranche, is $1000 and 100 items sold in a year............

Message 4 of 41
latest reply

IIRC, the Powerseller threshold is still $3K but the TRS threshold is $1000. As you mentioned, the seller's feedback package doesn't reveal this status.

Message 5 of 41
latest reply

@nobody*s_perfect 

is it $3000?  I can't find it anywhere ..........and not worth wasting time on, but  I remember Charlie on the PS board crying when they let "everyone" in and thought it was the $1000 level...........

Message 6 of 41
latest reply

Thinking about it some more........I'm pretty sure originally to be a TRS, you had to first be a powerseller.......

And by the way, if you can see the Powerseller boards under Buying Selling up at the top, you are a Power seller..........

Message 7 of 41
latest reply

All it takes to be a bronze PS is 100 transactions(I think)/$3k in sales yearly.  Powerseller no longer is visible. In fact, I can't even get the PS dashboard anymore. (not sure if it's me or not)  https://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SDPowerSeller&ssPageName=PageSDPowerSeller

The PS board is still there...

The easier you are to offend the easier you are to control.

We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did. - Thomas Sowell
Message 8 of 41
latest reply

IIRC the PS status disappeared from the dashboard around the time they brought in the Hub
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 9 of 41
latest reply

@jersey..authentix   The PS Bronze level is extremely easy to attain and to be honest, the $$ amount should probably be raised to give it more credence.  100 US Sales and $ 3000 in US sales in the previous 12 consecutive months and one attains Bronze Level Power Seller.  That 3K equates to on average less the $ 58 in sales per week ... I think 10K might be better equating to about $ 193 per week.  The next level is what, 36K in (International?) sales?

I am surprised Home office hasn't created a hoop to jump through to allow Sellers to have the PS rating displayed on their listings like the TRS Plus Badge ... oops, better  keep my electronic mouth shut, huh?!?

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 10 of 41
latest reply

https://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SDPowerSeller

still works fine for me, and I lost PS (and TRS) a while back Smiley Sad

Message 11 of 41
latest reply

I don't think the powerseller requirements have ever changed. So if you were a powerseller prior, it should not be any more difficult to continue being a powerseller as long as your sales and sales amount remains relatively the same. A lot of people say sales are dropping or too slow now on eBay, but I haven't noticed a big difference in sales at all. The threshold is low for Bronze, anyway.

I have no problem maintaining bronze powerseller (which is all I ever need) for solely the 7 day protection against neutral/negative feedback. Heck, I stopped selling entirely for 1.5 years and I became a powerseller again after coming back after a month or two. Getting TRS is way more difficult due to all the tracking and shipping requirements.
Message 12 of 41
latest reply

I understood that to be a power seller you had to jump the hoops, run a triathlon, become a pugilist, a wrestler, a police officer, and an actor like in that movie The silence of the lambs. Smiley Very Happy

latest reply

Nope, just sell  a lot and not have terrible feedback.

Message 14 of 41
latest reply

When I click on my Powerseller icon badge, it takes me to the Top rated program page.??

I don't even remember what it's good for... 

Message 15 of 41
latest reply