cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYWCARD 25% OFF ebay purchases

A buyer was complaining to me about using this coupon code, about it not working or something.

Does anyone know more about this promo or where it's being originally advertised? I did a quick search and see it popping up on deals sites. I think the deal says you need to use a Credit or Debit card for participating companies ($25 maximum discount). I can only guess the buyer's card isn't a participant.

On a related note, has anyone used it and made it work for them? When does it expire?

Message 1 of 22
latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

I saw someething about it, somewhere .... it is valid for sellers enrolled in the new Managed Payments.

Are you?

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 2 of 22
latest reply

If your buyer puts multi items in their cart and anyone of the items is from a MP seller and they try and use their discount code for their total purchase it will be declined due to non MP items mixed in with MP items in their cart... ebays got the emails geared so the sellers of non MP items will catch the blame for the discount not being able to be used....

Message 3 of 22
latest reply

@penguins_dont_fly wrote:

I saw someething about it, somewhere .... it is valid for sellers enrolled in the new Managed Payments.

Are you?

Ooooh. Of course I'm not in Managed Payments. So if what you are saying is true, all these buyers are hearing that it's for ebay sitewide are being misinformed... We can all expect to be seeing ALOT more of these buyer complaints now. My buyer ended up buying it despite their total not showing the discount and is expecting I give it to them. I hope they won't end up filing a SNAD creating a doodie-storm with metrics, seller-paid return shipping, possible negatives, etc.

Message 4 of 22
latest reply

Here's the fine print:

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/1112/71510.html

What is the Promotion?

This Coupon is a 25% discount, valid from 8:00 AM PT on November 12, 2018 until 11:59 PM PT on November 13, 2018. No minimum purchase required. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible item(s) on ebay.com. Eligible items are items with a 25% discount coupon available through the offer code PAYWCARD displayed at checkout. The discount will be applied to eligible item(s) only and will be capped at a value of $25. Eligible items exclude warranties and protection plans.

How to redeem your Coupon:

1. Eligible items will have the coupon code PAYWCARD displayed on the checkout page.
  2. Pay for your item by 11:59 PM PT on November 13, 2018.
  3. Check the box next to PAYWCARD or enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: PAYWCARD

penguins_dont_fly is a Volunteer Community Mentor
Buying and Selling since 2013

Message 5 of 22
latest reply

Here's the fine print:

What is the Promotion?

This Coupon is a 25% discount, valid from 8:00 AM PT on November 12, 2018 until 11:59 PM PT on November 13, 2018. No minimum purchase required. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of eligible item(s) on ebay.com. Eligible items are items with a 25% discount coupon available through the offer code PAYWCARD displayed at checkout. The discount will be applied to eligible item(s) only and will be capped at a value of $25. Eligible items exclude warranties and protection plans.

1. Eligible items will have the coupon code PAYWCARD displayed on the checkout page.
  3. Check the box next to PAYWCARD or enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: PAYWCARD

Wow it's displayed only at Checkout after you add the stuff to cart huh... they didn't even want to display it in the front of the listing page itself??? Also all this despite ebay admitting they know buyers hardly ever read listings. Pretty shady move if you ask me... ebay throwing us under the bus and trying to instigate tension between non MP sellers and buyers.

Message 6 of 22
latest reply

ebay just hopes by choking you out of sales you  will become a MP jointer even the sellers advocate has jumped on the bandwagon about what a wonderful program it is. If it is so wonderful why isn't he using it?

Message 7 of 22
latest reply

Talk about skewing the results of the 5% test run LOL

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 8 of 22
latest reply

I got a email mentioning this Code promotion. I am NOT in the managed payments, as far as I am aware. How can I check?
Message 9 of 22
latest reply

Trust me. If you were in it you'd know.

Message 10 of 22
latest reply

The 3000 MP sellers generated over 38 Mil. in sales during the month of Oct. Being a tracker of money if that were the case I'd be all over getting in and so would thousands of other sellers. Generating that kind of income ebay could just kick paypal to the curb pay the grease money and we'd all be like dogs in tall cotton....

Message 11 of 22
latest reply

Sure they did.

Moon's made of green cheese as well.
Message 12 of 22
latest reply

I track 30 of them glad its them and not me whats good for a chuckle is to see them make a sale and it gets relisted 4 days later because buyer isn't going to submit thie CC info to ebay....

Message 13 of 22
latest reply

Hopefully they'll have a couple of discount promotions during the holiday season that benefit ALL of us.

Message 14 of 22
latest reply

@bigdeals.etc wrote:

Here's the fine print:

What is the Promotion?

Wow it's displayed only at Checkout after you add the stuff to cart huh... they didn't even want to display it in the front of the listing page itself??? Also all this despite ebay admitting they know buyers hardly ever read listings. Pretty shady move if you ask me... ebay throwing us under the bus and trying to instigate tension between non MP sellers and buyers.

Hi @bigdeals.etc, this coupon was not marketed on our site and did not have a public facing page advertising it. Instead it appears during checkout with eligible items. 

We intended the code to only appear on specific items during checkout to help ensure buyers only saw it when purchasing eligible items. Unfortunately, some 3rd party 'deals' sites began advertising the discount code. Many buyers obtained the code from these 3rd party sites, which created confusion amongst when they attempt to use the code on non-eligible items.

Brian,
Community Team
Message 15 of 22
latest reply