cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is Advanced Search to find a Member?

I seem to recall some threads where they dropped the Advanced Search to find Members ... its not there.  How do I search for a specific member?  I have the member's ID  and would like to know what city and state they are from ...

Regards,
Mr. Lincoln - Community Mentor
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Heres the old link.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch/?_sofindtype=25

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

AFAIK you can't anymore. They want us to "know nothing".

So much for being a "community", eh?
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 2 of 15
latest reply

@myjunqueyourtreasure

@myjunqueyourtreasure wrote:
AFAIK you can't anymore. They want us to "know nothing".

So much for being a "community", eh?

Boy, you got that right ...

Regards,
Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Heres the old link.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/ebayadvsearch/?_sofindtype=25

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

“Never pick a fight with an ugly person. They don’t have anything to lose.” ~Robin Williams
Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@bonjourami   Well well well, now isn't that something ... that link still works, thank you very much!  I learned State but not City but that's okay, it answered part of my question.  That link is now saved to be sure.  I could be wrong but I seem to recall (over a year ago) when I used it last I got the City and State not just the State.

Regards,
Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Welcome, I dont remember ever getting the city and state..but the old memory is not what it used to be.

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@bonjourami

@bonjourami wrote:

Welcome, I dont remember ever getting the city and state..but the old memory is not what it used to be.

Ha ha ha!  And you think MINE is?  LOL! 

Regards,
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

LOL..I hear ya!

Message 8 of 15
latest reply

If you have the member's exact ID, why not just go into one of his listings.  I did it with yours and learned both the city and the state.

Message 9 of 15
latest reply

@mr_lincoln wrote:

@bonjourami   Well well well, now isn't that something ... that link still works, thank you very much!  I learned State but not City but that's okay, it answered part of my question.  That link is now saved to be sure.  I could be wrong but I seem to recall (over a year ago) when I used it last I got the City and State not just the State.

@mr_lincoln did you search for an ID?. The old page comes up but enter the members ID & see what happens-I gave that link to someone last week and They said they got an error message. I tried it right now and it took me to the homepage! I’m hoping it works again though 

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 10 of 15
latest reply

It just worked for me.

Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

It just worked for me.

Thank you 🙂

One life is all we have to live
Love is all we have to give

**Formerly known as MissJen316**
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

@emerald40  Buyer has a new ID with nothing for sell so there was nothing to look at for them ...

Regards,
Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@missjen831  wrote:  "did you search for an ID?. The old page comes up but enter the members ID & see what happens-I gave that link to someone last week and They said they got an error message. I tried it right now and it took me to the homepage! I’m hoping it works again though"

The old page link provided on this thread worked ... the new page I looked at has a little window for keywords or item number, did not try simply putting the members ID in there but I guess I could.  Over on the left there is no choice for members ... it seems to be geared now primarily for Buyers ... pic below

Screenshot (1291).png

Regards,
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

This thread is old, sorta, but I was looking for the member search feature too ..just now and a month or so ago. At first I thought eBay may have relocated it, but checking out the link provided that worked for some ..doesn't work. I'll be on the phone with PayPal regarding 2 eBay buyer's payment transactions (same person) that never appeared in my eBay sold transaction history.
Message 15 of 15
latest reply