cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYPAL FROZE MY ACCOUNT SO HOW DO I MOVE ON WITH EBAY?

Long story short, Paypal froze my account, and despite repeated efforts to find out why, including a personal letter to corporate because you cannot mediate on its website as they claim, I still was never told the reason. Anyone can see by Googling paypal frozen accounts that I am far from alone, and further research reveals a mile-long list of reasons, many are petty ones, by which they can freeze you out, and it's a wonder they still have any customers at all. This happened to me a year ago, depressing me so bad that I let my Ebay store falter. After all, how could I be successful when I can't offer Paypal for payment? And it didn't even matter to those at Paypal that my record on Ebay is 100% Positive with the nicest buyer comments anyone could ask for. Now, after a year, they finally released my 300 or so dollars that they froze with my account. Apparently they can use your money as they choose, paying no interest when they return it. From what I've read, mine was one of the smaller amounts, and like me, most people were not told what their infraction was. Quite a lucrative sideline for Paypal.

I also read that Paypal was apparently the object of a class action lawsuit, but managed to get out of it due to a technicality. They now have a rule on its huge list of rules that nobody can file a class action suit against them for any reason. I'm not sure how that's legal. But how is holding your money legal either.

I would really like to restock my Ebay store again and get back to business, with a little advice if nobody would mind. My first question is how do I delete Paypal as an option? Second is how do I establish Ebay's new payment system that is replacing Paypal. Finally, can I make it on Ebay without Paypal, or should I consider selling on Amazon, Bonanza, or some other site instead? 

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: PAYPAL FROZE MY ACCOUNT SO HOW DO I MOVE ON WITH EBAY?

Currently PayPal is the only option, unless you have been invited into the new Managed Payments. Invitations are issued based on a number of criteria, not all of which are publicly known, but they are all based on seller's recent history. If you have no recent activity, I don't see any possibility of your account being invited to enroll.
On the other hand, it may not hurt to contact them, explain that you wish to start selling again, and volunteer to enroll in MP. Considering all of the "strange" things that transpire on this site, you may get lucky!

Good luck in the future.
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

From what I understand, you can't get into managed payments until you are invited or they force everyone in to it.

So right not, your only option will be Pay Pal.

Have a great day
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@michaelruggier0 wrote:

I also read that Paypal was apparently the object of a class action lawsuit, but managed to get out of it due to a technicality.

They did not "get out of" the recent class action, they settled it after negotiations that took 7 years. It would have been settled sooner, but was apparently delayed for about 5 years by one of the plaintiff' attorneys refusing to appear at hearing and refusing to agree to any settlements. 

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news/class-action-settlement-over-paypal-account-closures-finally-fi...

There was also a larger class action settlement in 2004. 

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/paypal-class-action-lawsuit/

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I have read that the only way around paypal is to use a Merchant Account to accept credit cards directly, otherwise the paypal option will continue to be shown in your listings.

Of course, the added fees for a banks merchant account could be cost prohibited.

-------------
Posting ID
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@wesk_36 wrote:

I have read that the only way around paypal is to use a Merchant Account to accept credit cards directly, otherwise the paypal option will continue to be shown in your listings.

Of course, the added fees for a banks merchant account could be cost prohibited.

A merchant bank account costs a little bit more than a Paypal account, not much.  I used to have one for my retail store. However, sellers are no longer allowed to have those.  Until you are invited into eBay Managed Payments, Paypal is your only option. 

----------------------------
Successful and experienced seller since 1997, over 70,000 feedback, boardie since the boards were begun.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply