cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overlapping fees charged between eBay and PayPal

This does not seem right that a seller has to pay fees to paypal for money that will be deducted for eBay as fees. If eBay deducted the fees immediately. PayPal would not be getting extra money out of my balance. They already make us pay double fees for shipping. Is there a way to have eBay fees deducted immediately and not on an invoice?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

You can pay with a debit or credit card instead: How stupid would I be to do that? Then the card will take fees from eBay.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

This does not seem right that a seller has to pay fees to paypal for money that will be deducted for eBay as fees. 

Whether you think it is "right" or not is really does not matter to either eBay or PayPal. You agreed to this arrangement when you listed here, just as millions of other sellers have over the past two decades.

If eBay deducted the fees immediately. PayPal would not be getting extra money out of my balance

eBay cannot deduct money from a PayPal payment, because they do process the payment. And if they could, PayPal would just charge you a higher percentage on what was left to make up teh difference.

Is there a way to have eBay fees deducted immediately and not on an invoice?

No. 

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

What  you stated was neither  helpful nor productive, so not sure why you replied. I alrready see the obvious, what else is possible?

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

@pfunk319 wrote:

This does not seem right that a seller has to pay fees to paypal for money that will be deducted for eBay as fees. If eBay deducted the fees immediately. PayPal would not be getting extra money out of my balance. They already make us pay double fees for shipping. Is there a way to have eBay fees deducted immediately and not on an invoice?

• Paypal fees are for processing the payment. The fees are for the total amount they process to the buyer credit card including any shipping, handling, or special services. 
  • Paypal is not just used on eBay. Millions of websites and large B&M company all use paypal. 
  • Paypal is not involved in any way with how eBay charges fees or collects them. 
  • eBay sends paypal the payment processing info and paypal approved or declines the payment.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@pfunk319 wrote:

How do they make us pay double fees for shipping?

They charge the fees on the total price paid buy the seller. The only reason the shipping fees are charged separately is because they don't know until the buyer pays what the shipping they pay will be.

Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply