cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over 6000 neg FBs from one company SCRUBBED in two days time

I'm sure many of you know about the large company debacle on ebay. As of now, they went from over 10,000 negative feebacks to 3523 and falling. 

When I started this post it was at 3701 and has fallen to 3620 in less than 5 minutes. Now 3554, less than a minute later. Now 3523 in the time it took me to hit refresh. 

The double standard and dishonesty of ebay is appalling. 

Message 1 of 96
latest reply
95 REPLIES 95

Re: Over 6000 neg FBs from one company SCRUBBED in two days time

@craigsdieselrepair wrote:

....They didn't need to be told the reason for the cancelation, since they already KNEW it was a price glitch. They are bad people who take advantage of bad situations. 

By similar logic..... those shoes probably cost Reebok < $1 to make.  They should only charge $3 for their shoes.  Every dollar above $3 is them being bad people.  Taking advantage of everyone, every day, for the past 60 years.

Message 46 of 96
latest reply

@webwanna wrote:

By similar logic..... those shoes probably cost Reebok < $1 to make.  They should only charge $3 for their shoes.  Every dollar above $3 is them being bad people.  Taking advantage of everyone, every day, for the past 60 years.

You could not be more wrong on every point.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 47 of 96
latest reply

@goodluckselling wrote:

Good Luck Selling!

I think you are the most wrong.  There could never be someone wronger.     wink

Message 48 of 96
latest reply

It's been a long time, granted, but I managed a Herman's sporting goods store in the 80's, and yes, the shoes were pennies on the dollar from the seller with the meltdown of this thread. Even with inflation, those shoes aren't going to cost more than a few dollars to make. So yes, your analogy is accurate. Any shoes with a flaw we didn't even discount, just get out the pocket knife, slash away, zero them out, and to the dumpster they would go. 

Message 49 of 96
latest reply

Yep, one of my way back exes worked for a leading shoe brand and they never discounted anything. Anything that wasn't perfect went to the shredder.
Reality is the leading cause of stress.
Message 50 of 96
latest reply

@webwanna wrote:

@goodluckselling wrote:

Good Luck Selling!

I think you are the most wrong.  There could never be someone wronger.     wink

What?  Really?  Lets see if I understand your reaction to @goodluckselling response.  When I was in the manufacturing business and something cost $.30 to make that I shouldn't charge the customer more than that?  I'm confused a lot by your response.

The item that I produced for $.30 would retail for $8.00 +.  Yes, my income was good and I never felt I was taking advantage of my customers.

Hoping that the 'wink' at the end of your post was a positive 'wink' which meant you were only teasing!

Seller since 09/20/01 ~~ this is my posting ID.
Message 51 of 96
latest reply

@iaintdoingit wrote:

What?  Really?  Lets see if I understand your reaction to @goodluckselling response.  When I was in the manufacturing business and something cost $.30 to make that I shouldn't charge the customer more than that? 

Hoping that the 'wink' at the end of your post was a positive 'wink' which meant you were only teasing!

I was responding to craigsdieselrepair's post calling the buyers that found the deal "bad people who take advantage of bad situations"...

I'm a capitalist.  I buy low , sell high.  IMO, there's nothing wrong with Ebay buyers looking for deals, just like there is nothing wrong with Reebok charging $100 for shoes that cost $1 to make.  Like I write earlier, I can't believe I missed those deals.

If you do think the buyers that found the deal are bad people, you probably shouldn't be in the business of buying or selling.  You probably would prefer to wait on a bread line in a Communist country.

Some don't get my sense of humor I guess.  & yes my response to goodluckselling was in jest.  I  have no idea how else to respond to "You could not be more wrong on every point".... that's the equivalent to "you're wrong to infinity" argument used in a debate.  Since it was directed at me, I felt a response in kind was necessary.

Message 52 of 96
latest reply

Well since we don't know the actual cost for Reebok in making their shoes, or thier overhead cost, your post is incorrect. 🙂 

Message 53 of 96
latest reply

The buyers knew it was a mistake on pricing. So it's not the same as looking for a 'good deal'.  A good deal is when a company (or seller) purposely lowers the price, and buyer finds the good deal, and makes the purchase. 

There were websites where they were telling people about reebok's mistake in pricing, they even said it was a mistake, and to hurry up and buy! 

So those buyers knew going in, that it was a malfunction in pricing. They purchased anyway, knowing the order could be canceled (some said as much in the comment sections on those websites). To then go and neg the seller (Reebok) for cancelling on what was a clear unfortunate malfunction in their price, makes those people bad in my mind. At the very least, their actions were bad, taking advantage and then degrading the company's  reputation, due to they were unable to take advantage and get their orders fulfilled. 

Message 54 of 96
latest reply

The buyers knew it was a mistake on pricing. So it's not the same as looking for a 'good deal'.  A good deal is when a company (or seller) purposely lowers the price, and buyer finds the good deal, and makes the purchase. 

There were websites where they were telling people about reebok's mistake in pricing, they even said it was a mistake, and to hurry up and buy! 

So those buyers knew going in, that it was a malfunction in pricing. They purchased anyway, knowing the order could be canceled (some said as much in the comment sections on those websites). To then go and neg the seller (Reebok) for cancelling on what was a clear unfortunate malfunction in their price, makes those people bad in my mind. At the very least, their actions were bad, taking advantage and then degrading the company's  reputation, due to they were unable to take advantage and get their orders fulfilled. 

Yeah, it really stinks when cancelling thousands of orders has a negative effect on your reputation.  How dare those buyers purchase items without contacting the seller first to confirm pricing was set high enough!!!

Unfortunately, It is not the buyers responsibility to assess whether a seller listed a price in error.  It is fair for buyers to assume the advertised prices, quantities,shipping costs are accurate and will be honored.  If a seller cancels thousands of orders (not to mention the bad customer service and slow refund speed),  they deserve the resulting negative feedback.

Most sellers on Ebay don't have the good fortune to have Ebay mopping up our mess for us.  This is just more anecdotal evidence that Ebay is not a level playing field.

Message 55 of 96
latest reply

Unfortunately, It is not the buyers responsibility to assess whether a seller listed a price in error.  It is fair for buyers to assume the advertised prices, quantities,shipping costs are accurate and will be honored.

In response to your statement:  You would have loved the seller who asked for more money for shipping ($50.00) post sale, and after I stated you cannot ask for more money post sale, cancelled the transaction, relisting the items (it was a set) as local pick up for $50.00 more, even though there is no shipping cost on a local pick up.  She said I should have known her shipping was off.  (I guess she didn't think SHE should have known her shipping was off!)  If the shipping was off, why was the new listing for $50.00 more when it was local pick up, and there would be no shipping involved?  And the listing was rather expensive to start with, and that may have been because a seller rolled part of the shipping into the item cost.  All of which I told her.  Of note~this was not an auction in which she may have hoped bidding would raise the price.

Happy ending.  I found the same set with a much better price, shipped to me as the first set should have been.  Seller sat on the listing for at least a year or two.

Message 56 of 96
latest reply

The buyers did nothing wrong, Reebok should have honoured the sales but they didn't, so ebay should have let the negs stick. 

Message 57 of 96
latest reply

@*madison wrote:

The buyers did nothing wrong, Reebok should have honoured the sales but they didn't, so ebay should have let the negs stick. 

Maybe ebay or the company gave up. The negs disappeared from 10,000 to approximately 2000, then the negs kept pouring in and still are, now it's back up to 7500 and they don't seem to be removed anymore.

Message 58 of 96
latest reply

I agree with many posters. You make a mistake, you need and have to pay for it.  You price it too low, and sell lots of them, don't complain for it, you were the one typing the numbers, not the buyers. 

It also shows the hypocrisy of Ebay. We ask questions, we show them they are wrong, they come to tell us we should just bow and accept their words. 

In law, their is this thing called jurisprudence. Once an argument sets a new precedent, others can use it on their favor. 

But we know Ebay is full of lies and deception on that store. 

latest reply

I guess the sanitation crew was on vacation or thinking up 1001 new changes for this week. The company's neg FB had gone all the way back up to 8500 with an 88.9 score.

As I write this, the negatives are disappearing faster than a toupee in a hurricane.  They're now back up to 89.3 and rising and down to 8229 and falling. For a minute there I thought ebay actually had a shred of integrity. Glad that's over.

Message 60 of 96
latest reply