cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Over 6000 neg FBs from one company SCRUBBED in two days time

I'm sure many of you know about the large company debacle on ebay. As of now, they went from over 10,000 negative feebacks to 3523 and falling. 

When I started this post it was at 3701 and has fallen to 3620 in less than 5 minutes. Now 3554, less than a minute later. Now 3523 in the time it took me to hit refresh. 

The double standard and dishonesty of ebay is appalling. 

Message 1 of 96
latest reply
95 REPLIES 95

There is two sides to every story.  So far all I see is speculation including this thread.

Good Luck Selling!

Message 2 of 96
latest reply

@3brothersdeals wrote:

I'm sure many of you know about the large company debacle on ebay. As of now, they went from over 10,000 negative feebacks to 3523 and falling. 

When I started this post it was at 3701 and has fallen to 3620 in less than 5 minutes. Now 3554, less than a minute later. Now 3523 in the time it took me to hit refresh. 

But, all that negative feedback was due to an obvious database error ... any reasonable person knows that they aren't getting $100 shoes for $3 with free shipping.

Regardless, eBay is likely either managing that store on behalf of the seller, or they have a special contractual arrangement with them.

Message 3 of 96
latest reply

Sellers make honest pricing and other listing mistakes all the time and are told to accept the consequences. I think many errors could be more financially and account impacting on a small seller as compared to a mega corporation that processes 1000's of transactions a day. Unless the feedback content itself violates standards it's supposed to be unremovable no matter what per c-s. 

Message 4 of 96
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

@3brothersdeals wrote:

But, all that negative feedback was due to an obvious database error ... any reasonable person knows that they aren't getting $100 shoes for $3 with free shipping.

Regardless, eBay is likely either managing that store on behalf of the seller, or they have a special contractual arrangement with them.

It could be that a seller at that level is contracting eBay to manage listings for them, and it was eBay who made the pricing errors.

Message 5 of 96
latest reply

Special arrangements not withstanding, if this is true actual feedback in that volume being removed, it is DISHONEST!

Message 6 of 96
latest reply

No matter, still dishonest!

Message 7 of 96
latest reply

@threshold.sales.group wrote:

Sellers make honest pricing and other listing mistakes all the time and are told to accept the consequences.

Does one mistake justify 1 negative feedback, or 10,000 negative feedback?

I can understand that they might be due a few negative feedback for this error, but 10,000?   That violently skews the feedback ... really, it isn't a fair measure of their reputation.

Message 8 of 96
latest reply

@orangehound wrote:

@3brothersdeals wrote:

It is the seller's responsibility to check their listings before they list an item.

It's called Quality Control procedures.

So I don't care if the errors were caused by Santa Claus sticking a candy cane inside of their data base that caused the error.

If their were no Quality Control procedures in place to detect the listing errors, and then either end the listings or correct them ..... then there are fair and reasonable consequences to deal with that ..... either honor the sales or take the negative feedback.

If a small seller gets sick and is hospitalized for 3 weeks, and his negative feedback for non-shipment piled up to an unacceptable level of performance, would HIS negative feedback be removed ?

My guess is that CS would tell that seller ..... "Sorry, but you shouldn't have gotten sick" !

Message 9 of 96
latest reply

I can confirm that the 1-month negative feedback dropped from 10,000 to 2,821 in the last 24 hours.

Message 10 of 96
latest reply

@flipper2flipper wrote:

If a small seller gets sick and is hospitalized for 3 weeks, and his negative feedback for non-shipment piled up to an unacceptable level of performance, would HIS negative feedback be removed ?

My guess is that CS would tell that seller ..... "Sorry, but you shouldn't have gotten sick" !

Apples and oranges.   Different rules for different sellers ... that's the way business works.

• Small sellers operate under the common rules of eBay.  Large sellers are able to negotiate special pricing and other terms.
  • Small sellers have English-challenged, barely competent customer service agents with no power.  Large sellers have dedicated customer service representatives who can make it snow in July.
Message 11 of 96
latest reply

The name says it all. The majority of those buyers were buying to resell - taking advantage of a glitch that someone posted on a multitude of deals sites. They are just mad that they didn't get their 100 or 200 pair order at $5 a pair to resell for $100 a pair.

Ebay use to try and be fair to sellers - especially auctions when the site went down and would extend the time the auction ran so that sellers didn't end up losing.

Message 12 of 96
latest reply

@3brothersdeals wrote:

Seriously eBay isn't going to ban any cash cow they will adjust their score as necessary to bring them back to good standing. When I was a larger seller eBay did the same thing for me I suppose that's one of eBay's perks for being one of the bigger sellers.

Good luck to ALL the small sellers out there!
Message 13 of 96
latest reply

Ebay did the right thing. It was an obvious mistake due to pricing and there was no way they would have time to remove all those listings before scabs came along and tried buying them all for resale right here on Ebay.  A large seller such as that deserves every single one of those feedbacks removed. Heck, small sellers get deserved feedbacks removed just by crying over the phone to CS.

Message 14 of 96
latest reply

I completely agree. Those buyers were very dishonest. They knew it was a glitch, but still purchased, trying to get something for nothing. They then proceeded to neg the seller after they didn't get to rob the seller of their products! Shameful is what it is. I'm glad eBay removed the feedback. 

Message 15 of 96
latest reply