cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out $600 from eBay Negligence on Return Only Listing Small Items Moving Forward

eBay has terrible customer service and treats their sellers like garbage. I listed an item that sold for $500 with over $100 shipping. Buyer opened the usual  "Item Not As Described Case," which was nonsense. eBay of course sent the item back to me except they used an obscure address I had on file as the return, which of course was in another State. They left me high and dry and didn't help at all when I called them to explain that they sent it to a different address than my actual return address. They told me to call the post office and proceeded to do nothing. To add insult to injury, they wanted me to do the work to retrieve back the item for their mistake! What a lousy company. They forgot that their bread and butter comes from resellers. I will only list tiny-small sized items from now on and list in auction houses and local shops. eBay never understood that their resellers are their customers. Sorry eBay, you are going the way of the dinosaur. Time to face the music. eBay forgot where they came from.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Out $600 from eBay Negligence on Return Only Listing Small Items Moving Forward

Really? Even when I put my primary return as the correct address? Don't come crying on here when the shoe is on the other foot. 

Message 16 of 26
latest reply

Re: Out $600 from eBay Negligence on Return Only Listing Small Items Moving Forward

@windycityart4u wrote:

Really? Even when I put my primary return as the correct address? Don't come crying on here when the shoe is on the other foot. 

Okay, you said that the buyer shipped your package to "an obscure address I had on file as the return." On the Account Settings Page that @pjcdn2005 pointed out (here), which of those stored addresses did the buyer use? Was it the address stored under "Return address," or one of the others?

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

I haven't had to change my address on Ebay in about five years, but I recall you have to change EACH ADDRESS individually... main address, ship from address, ship to address, returns address, billing address. One setting does not do it all, unless it changed in the last five years

Message 18 of 26
latest reply

I agree with, "eBay forgot where they came from", or, they never knew where they came from.

The Ebay, "corporate monster" is beholden only to its shareholders, now and forever.  I work within those confines

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@cardxcraft wrote:

I agree with, "eBay forgot where they came from", or, they never knew where they came from.

The Ebay, "corporate monster" is beholden only to its shareholders, now and forever.  I work within those confines

You do understand what the OPs actual problem is - yes?

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

You had the wrong address and are blaming Ebay ? OK, hope you fix the address soon so next time you won't have to deal with this situation again.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Like I stated before, my primary address was my business address. They sent the item back to a non-primary address. Did you read through the forum? You have 2 reviews. Just wait until you have to deal with eBay for 20 years and then come back.

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

My primary return was my business /main address. They sent to a different address. That is the problem. It was a glitch. I didn't explain that well.

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@windycityart4u  r u able to reach out to the people at the 'other' address you have on record with eBay since u r still using that address for 'something'?

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

Is there a way for you to retrieve the package from that address? Can the person that is there now get it and then forward it to you?  Can you get the post office to forward it to you by calling the post office at that location and you explain.  Or perhaps the post office where you are now can call the other post office and have the package forwarded to where you are now?

I would immediately remove that address from ebay before more returns are sent there.

Message 26 of 26
latest reply