cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order canceled but eBay says "Ship now -- past due"

Sold an item two days ago. Buyer had moved and messaged to ask for shipping to a different address. I canceled and refunded the sale  (for problem with buyer address) and asked her to re-order with her corrected address on file with PP. She did so. Second order was paid and shipped.

Issue: The old "My eBay: All Selling" page says I have one order to ship (the canceled order.) The Sold section of the page for the canceled item has two notes from eBay: One says the order was canceled. The other, in red letters, has the "Ship now -- past due" message.

When viewing the Seller Hub instead, it says 0 orders to be shipped. Also of note, my account does not yet show the FVF credit (about $25) for the canceled order.

Something to worry about, or will it resolve itself? Probably wishful thinking, but I'm not keen on having to call CS and explain all that.

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Re: Order canceled but eBay says "Ship now -- past due"

In Seller Hub click on "all orders" Then enter the item name or number in the search block and click the magnifying glass (NOT reset). That will bring up the order.

To the left of the order where it says "print label;" there is also a down arrow for a drop down menu. Scroll to the bottom of that list and click "archive"

That will solve your problem.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 4 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

There have been so many glitches on eBay lately that I would just wait a day and see if it still says you have an order to ship that is past due.  I would also check Paypal to make sure the refund went through.  If after waiting you still see that ship message from eBay, I would call CS.  

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

Sounds like ebay is trying to confuse you to accidentally ship out the cancelled item too. It's all about buyer satisfaction right?

If you have to end up calling CS and not sure how to explain it, try reading off what you typed to us in your OP. That seems clear enough. Good luck!

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

In Seller Hub click on "all orders" Then enter the item name or number in the search block and click the magnifying glass (NOT reset). That will bring up the order.

To the left of the order where it says "print label;" there is also a down arrow for a drop down menu. Scroll to the bottom of that list and click "archive"

That will solve your problem.

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

I have several that are doing that. Called customer "support" about it. Nothing to worry about. They are no longer supporting the legacy shipping page. They will stay there till you archive, delete, or they get too old.
Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I didn't bother to call CS over it - I have a theory that my exposure drops for several days once I call CS so I try to not call CS - but I've been having the same problem. I just archive it to get it off my shipping page.
Message 6 of 8
latest reply

This is not new, it’s been like this for a few years. Your sale also shows refunded icon. I just ignore it, and haven’t had any problems with Late Shipment Rate or Tracking On Time.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Thanks for the replies. Partially solved based on the info above.

Archiving the order got rid of the incorrect late shipping warning BUT my account still doesn't show a FVF credit for the canceled/refunded order. eBay shows the order as refunded and so does PayPal, but no credit.

Is there usually a lag time in applying the credit? Order was refunded three days ago.

Message 8 of 8
latest reply