cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only a couple of months in - no views

Hi, I've only been selling since the end of March and it was good for the first month. Then views suddenly dropped and now it's down to practically nothing. I noticed that when things are relisted even by "sell similar" that they seem to be almost "trash canned" as far as being viewed. I've added new things too so it'snot like I'm just pushing the same old stuff. But now, even the brand new listings are hardly looked at at all. It used to be that when I'd list, that very day I would have views and they'd continue to mount. This is awful.

The pieces made by me are not cheap to make and take quite a bit of time.

Can anyone offer helpful suggestions? Thanks.

Message 1 of 26
latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Only a couple of months in - no views

Thanks Ann. Hearing that is a breath of fresh air. It kills me to let some of this stuff go for what I'm asking.
Message 16 of 26
latest reply

@phcd1 wrote:

Small sellers no longer have the visibility here anymore. Unless you're selling 1000's a month, you stuck with when eBay turn the spigot on, otherwise it will be off most of the time. It also doesn't help that Cassini won't show buyers what they place in the search box, but rather what it THINKS you want to see.

Hello there. I agree with your points, but why is it when some of we smaller sellers post that we're not getting the visibility, it is completely turned around that somehow it's all our fault. You seem very certain of the causes of this and then others think what your suggesting doesn't exist.

Message 17 of 26
latest reply

I know. It's not our fault if it doesn't sell if it's not even being viewed. The search results are definitely heavily manipulated. Mainly, I was trying to figure out if there were ways I could increase my chances of coming up in the search. I may try one of the more expensive sites that have a reputation of selling higher quality items and support the better prices. It still bugs me that some jewelry makers are selling "plated" pretty junk and getting more for it than I am getting for the real deal. But again, they have the exposure. It's all about getting the exposure.
Message 18 of 26
latest reply

Small sellers can do just fine on Ebay as long as you know how to correctly list an item. Unfortunately with fewer items and the big marketplace that it is - your items may be overlooked by buyers when they have hundreds of pages of results - especially in the clothing, accessories, cards, comics, music ect categories.

Message 19 of 26
latest reply

@tunicaslot wrote:

Small sellers can do just fine on Ebay as long as you know how to correctly list an item. Unfortunately with fewer items and the big marketplace that it is - your items may be overlooked by buyers when they have hundreds of pages of results - especially in the clothing, accessories, cards, comics, music ect categories.

That certainly can explain a lot of things but not sudden and startling drops.

I'm happy with the changes I've made to my listings. I have noticed even more of an increase in viewers since I changed the first four words to key word searches. 

Message 20 of 26
latest reply

@phcd1 wrote:

Small sellers no longer have the visibility here anymore. Unless you're selling 1000's a month, you stuck with when eBay turn the spigot on, otherwise it will be off most of the time. It also doesn't help that Cassini won't show buyers what they place in the search box, but rather what it THINKS you want to see.

@phcd1

Please post your facts before spreading untruths.

Message 21 of 26
latest reply

@odditiesandantiquities1 wrote:

@phcd1 wrote:

Hello there. I agree with your points, but why is it when some of we smaller sellers post that we're not getting the visibility, it is completely turned around that somehow it's all our fault. You seem very certain of the causes of this and then others think what your suggesting doesn't exist.

Maybe because in all these years there is not one bit of actual proof of Ebay purposely riding small sellers. It is much easier to look at what a seller has to offer and give them guidance as to actually getting the item sold. People see the stuff, they just don't want it for whatever reason.

Message 22 of 26
latest reply

Pretty simple to see how ebays hiding listings. Click advance search enter gas can click search. It returns 2928 listings to see whats not being shown left side click all and you'll then see 14,997 total listings...

Message 23 of 26
latest reply

Search manipulation is kinda hard to spot when you don't actively buy or sell here and holed up in your Mom and Dads basement wondering whats Mom cooking for supper...

Message 24 of 26
latest reply

@coolections wrote:

@phcd1 wrote:

@phcd1

Please post your facts before spreading untruths.

Those ARE the facts. I have posted countless times where I search for X and it brings up Y. The first 50 listings don't even have X in the title. It's real obvious when eBay turns a (small) seller back on on. There is no reason why nothing sells for 2 months and all of a sudden, the same exact inventory suddenly sells. What's even sadder, is they allow (and even "promote") hijacked / fraudulent account sellers to sell 100's of items they don't even have. It's not that hard to vett sellers.

Message 25 of 26
latest reply

@bubbleman2010 wrote:

Pretty simple to see how ebays hiding listings. Click advance search enter gas can click search. It returns 2928 listings to see whats not being shown left side click all and you'll then see 14,997 total listings...

So, what buyer in their right mind would want to wade through 14,997 listings to try to find a gas can?  Think about that for a second.   Smiley Surprised But oh no, eBay is hiding our listings, no wonder we can't sell!  Sigh...Smiley Sad

Message 26 of 26
latest reply