cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Value Fees for Power Sellers

Am I crazy,  or did they just reduce our Final Value Fees discount from 20% to 10%? I sure do not remember getting an email about that.

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

It was part of the 2017 Spring Seller Update.  Click here to learn more about it

Message 2 of 24
latest reply

Are you referring to the TRS discount? Yes, they did. It was in the latest seller update, and notification in seller dashboard. It was in 1 other place, but can't remember.
Message 3 of 24
latest reply

And this is suppose to be a positive move for Power Sellers? That really hurts!

Message 4 of 24
latest reply

Yes there was an announcement about it with the seller update for spring. It was also discussed for a few days on these boards. Congrats for doing a great job-- you get a decrease in pay by 10% as your reward. It was ebay's way to increase their profits while decreasing yours. But I remember when there was zero discounts and no free listings so take what they give us and make adjustments to your business.

Message 5 of 24
latest reply

@puzzles47 wrote:

I do not recall anyone saying it was a positive move for Power Sellers, nor do I recall anyone questioning whether it is or not except you in this question.

Good Luck!

Message 6 of 24
latest reply

This is  a quote from the update someone sent me.

Why is eBay making these changes?

eBay Top Rated Sellers have told us they want more tools and options to grow their business. The changes we’re making reflect our ongoing investment in helping them do just that and to ensure the best marketplace health and competition.

I am interpreting that as they feel like they are helping us.

Message 7 of 24
latest reply

A 10% reduction really hurts! I remember when there was no incentives also. I thought that the discount was a thank you for a job well done! Guess not!

Message 8 of 24
latest reply

To be clear you only get 10% if you track 95% of orders and upload all the tracking details. If you don't you loose your TRS status and its dropped to above average. You'll be getting 0% discount and less exposure.
Message 9 of 24
latest reply

I've always expect increases in the cost of doing business here as the updates roll out, since I've always had to deal with increasing costs my whole life of sales.  Just didn't expect this one, but Oh, Well.. lucky I haven't ever figured that little thank you into my financial figures when making my plans, like I actually was depending on it.  I just always take it as a little gravy.

Ebay has been trying to thin down the number of TRS-members they have to give this perk to anyway, to my way of thinking.  As they've tightened the requirements for achieving this level, they know more will either fall by the wayside, or choose to intentionally drop off and relax with it all a little bit.  So that's got rid of having to pay that 20% to so many!  And now, by simply saying that little freebie perk is being cut back to 10%, there may be more sellers who will figure it's not worth turning themselves inside out to stay qualified for that amount, so that will likely cut the numbers down some for Ebay too.

We never used to be given that percent off final value fees... maybe eBay wishes they'd never have started giving it.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 24
latest reply

"I am interpreting that as they feel like they are helping us."

That's called 'corporate spin', a distant cousin to English. The words appear to say one thing but mean another.

Forget keeping up with the Joneses. Be the Finklegrubers!
OK kids, time to get the Dodge loaded up again. I hear 'Poppy's By the Tree' calling. This trip might be a long one too.
Message 11 of 24
latest reply

@puzzles47 wrote:

There is no Power Seller discount and their hasn't been one for years.  I'm confident you meant to say TRS discount.  While you may have missed reviewing the Spring Seller Update for this subject, there is also some other important changes in there that you should be aware of too.  I encourage you to read through it so that you are aware.

Ebay has also sent out other emails since the release of the Spring Seller Update on this subject.  If you are not getting them, check your Site Preferences and make sure you don't have them blocked.  If you are ignoring emails from Ebay, I strongly suggest you don't do that.  While some may not impact you, others will and you don't want to miss important stuff like this.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 12 of 24
latest reply

I am sure they do wish they had never started. To cut it in half was a drastic measure!!

Message 13 of 24
latest reply

@mistwomandancing

Ebay has given a discount of FVFs for as far back as I can remember.  It first started out as a discount for Power sellers [before there was a TRS program], Then came the TRS program and they started phasing out the PS discount.  It took them a couple of steps to do that.  Then they introduced the TRS discount, then the TRS Plus.  As they did with the PS discount, they are now reducing the TRS discount.  It is quite possible by this time next year there won't be a discount at all.  But who knows what Ebay will do.  They are always full of surprises.

mam98031  •  Volunteer Community Member
Message 14 of 24
latest reply

It always amazes me how many sellers don't read the seasonal updates.  I hold my breath the day they come out and can't imagine selling here without knowing what the changes are.

Message 15 of 24
latest reply