cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On sending offers to buyers. I'd like more "eligible". How do I get that?

I love sending offers to buyers. When I first started doing this, eBay said I had maybe 40 items that were eligible...the number now has dwindled down to 3 or 4 eligible. I have over 300 items listed on GTC, w/ a lot of watchers. I'd like to be able to send offers on them, but I don't know how. Can anyone help?  Thx

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: On sending offers to buyers. I'd like more "eligible". How do I get that?

I think the offers go to people who are watching your items. I can't really see a way to increase the numbers.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

I have received "Offers" on items I have just viewed (not in my Watch list).  I do not believe there is anything you can do to increase your items eligible for offers.

Message 3 of 8
latest reply

@jimw1776 

You might have a lot of watchers, but not all of them opt in to receiving offers.

Some are just watching, but not interested in buying.

Have a great day
Message 4 of 8
latest reply

One thing that I've noticed is that once you've sent someone an offer (watcher or viewer) and it has expired, you do not have the option to send them an offer later from what I see.  For example, say you have 8 watchers and when you go to send them an offer, it only shows the offer will be sent to perhaps 2 people.  More than likely you have already sent offers to the other 6 if they are accepting offers.  Plus, once you've sent offers to the 2, the listing will disappear from the eligible to send offers list until there are new watchers.

I'm not sure what happens if you end and relist the item relative to sending new offers.  If the same person you previously sent an offer to watches again, it may or may not let you send an offer to them.  Problem is, eBay doesn't tell you, the seller, who you are  sending offers to.

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

I think it has to be on their watch list for five days before they can get an offer.  And if no one offered buys it, they won't get another offer but any new watchers with five days will, you can get multiple chances to make offers but it won't be to the same people.  Unless maybe one takes it off "watch" and then puts it back on, or if they watch it after being relisted after expiration.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

@d.c.enterprises wrote:

I think it has to be on their watch list for five days before they can get an offer.  And if no one offered buys it, they won't get another offer but any new watchers with five days will, you can get multiple chances to make offers but it won't be to the same people.  Unless maybe one takes it off "watch" and then puts it back on, or if they watch it after being relisted after expiration.

I don't think there's a time requirement for sending offers on watched listings.

I've listed new stuff and had it watched and offer ready later that day.

C.

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

https://ofr.ebay.com/offerapp/sio/createOffer/itemIDHere

copy and paste item number at the end

Message 8 of 8
latest reply