cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OMG! I saw an actual Ebay Commercial on TV!!

I was watching the LSU game last night and to my surprise there was an actual TV Commercial for Ebay.  It's target was eBay motors Guaranteed Fit and no other categories.  I would have liked eBay to represent all sellers and venues, but I guess they decided differently.  I haven't seen a commercial for television in years.  So good for our sellers who sell car parts.  Hope it helps their sales.  Just wanted to share.

Happy and Safe Labor Day to all

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Car parts are a bright spot in our economy.

Almost all of the big parts chains are doing well due to the high prices and short supplies of new and used cars.

The public can use a reminder that Ebay still provides parts and some bargains.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

This one ?

GLORIOUS!

Confused about the switch to eBay discounted shipping? Read this discussion to make an informed decision about opt in / opt out.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

EBay has been attending Comic Cons and FanExpos here in Canada. Big booths pushing collectibles and comic books.

And I see ads for eBay, not car ads, on my FaceBook feed at the beginning of each month.

So they are advertising, just not on broadcast TV.

Which makes sense.

As someone above says, cars are a strong part of the economy.

SF/F fans are a younger demographic than broadcast TV, and it is important to get young customers using your site while they are still developing brand loyalties.

FaceBook skews older, so that keeps the base involved.

It is always interesting, when watching broadcast TV, to see who is advertising.

If it's  Metamucil, pharmaceuticals and Lincoln cars, the ad agencies are buying the eyeballs of older viewers.

If it's Victoria's Secret, deodorant, and Subaru, the agencies believe the viewers are young and probably female.

Who advertises on your favourite shows? Does the advertising match how you see yourself?

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I see the eBay motors commercials on Samsung Plus TV. Everyone already knows they can find hard to find parts and discount parts on eBay. Now you just have to promote your listings at 25% and hope it gets pasted on an auto parts listing's page.

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

ebay has stated for several years now that their marketing is primarily marketing the Focus Categories (Parts and Accessories is one), NOT the overall site itself. So nothing has really changed. Pretty sure they've been running some TV and radio spots for Parts and Accessories for a while now---along with Web advertising, attendance at various car related conventions, etc.

Glad to hear you saw an actual TV commercial, just hope they decide to market the whole site for Q4 and not just the Focus Categories. 

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

I see that ad for ebay motors every time I watch Indy car or Nascar.    It's been running 'for at least several months.

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

You must not watch a lot of television.  Good for you.

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

It's on quite a bit on ESPN's F1 broadcasts too.

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I've seen the ad where the guy has the tiny windshield wipers many many times.

I also see the one where the car smacks into another car, and then into a fire hydrant.

I think those are different commercials. Maybe all in the same one.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

@wastingtime101

That would be the one.  The only sports I watch is football (Chiefs) and occasionally College ball.  Not too much prime time.  I was very surprised but very pleased.  Too bad eBay can't put us all in the spotlight.  

Happy Selling. 

Message 11 of 11
latest reply