cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O feedback members

It seems to me that these ) feedbacks members are a big problem. I buy and sell boats and they are always screwing up the auctions. Now I'm selling a boat and three are in a bidding war, sad, what can one do ?

Message 1 of 27
latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Re: O feedback members

Sorry that I did not make myself clear.

In this category, like motor vehicles, the buyer isn't required to "follow through".

Bids are non-binding.

Message 16 of 27
latest reply

The ONLY time I will not sell to a 0 feedback buyer is when they are in a country I don't ship to, and are using a US freight forwarder to get in the middle of the transaction and often mess thing up, ending in a heap of trouble and time wasted with an INAD or INR claim or outright international shipping scam. I will directly ship to certain other countries, though.

Otherwise, US-based new buyers are just fine in my book, as I don't ship any high-value item that my business model is not prepared to lose anyway. It's called the benefit of the doubt unless there are any red flags showing up.

On every sale I have, I click on the buyer's feedback number to see if they are internationally based, and make a value judgment. It takes only a few seconds of my time.

As has been said earlier, we all started with 0 feedback.

Cheers, Duffy

Message 17 of 27
latest reply

Looks like the last boat you sold was to a buyer with almost no feedback, what's the problem?

Message 18 of 27
latest reply

@soh.maryl wrote:

Sorry that I did not make myself clear.

In this category, like motor vehicles, the buyer isn't required to "follow through".

Bids are non-binding.

I understand.

---------------------------------------------------------

quote:     Would like to hear further from the OP about buyers screwing up boat sales.

------------------------------------------------------

ergo, my reply

They bid, win, don't follow through. Listing isn't free.

Message 19 of 27
latest reply

This is legitimate.  I started selling and have had multiple people bid and win items only to not pay.  They make the ebay account the same day and seem to bid on toys.  Today I had one sell to a "O' buyer and am afraid to ship it because of fear they will scam me in some way...say the item is wrong, damaged etc.  Any ideas on how to protect myself as a Buyer?

Message 20 of 27
latest reply

Buyers have a lot of feedback, it's just an evaluation of ebay!!! There are new buyers joining ebay and you can't always expect longtime buyers with good feedback to buy with high confidence. In the age of technology, scammers and buyers are confused so I just advise you to take the highest precaution and avoid this case for such people you should ignore, it is better to lose 1 buyer than to lose goods 🙂 )

Message 21 of 27
latest reply

they are always screwing up the auctions.

Don't sell at auction.

Use Fixed Price/Immediate Payment Required.

Message 22 of 27
latest reply

The original post is from July.

The rules about selling an item such as a boat or car or tractor are entirely different from selling toys, trading cards or other miscellaneous items.

The sale of a car or boat is non-binding on either party.  

Those other items, however, are sales and the buyer is expected to pay.  

Message 23 of 27
latest reply

Since motor vehicle sales and boats etc are considered to be non-binding sales (OP was selling a boat), FP with IPR won't work in that category.

Message 24 of 27
latest reply

@postingid7659 wrote:

Accounts with no buying history should have a dollar limit they can buy or bid to per transaction without placing some kind of deposit on file with eBay.  

They do, but it's high...

Like ten thousand dollars or some such...

Message 25 of 27
latest reply

@monroe131 wrote:

It seems to me that these ) feedbacks members are a big problem. I buy and sell boats and they are always screwing up the auctions. Now I'm selling a boat and three are in a bidding war, sad, what can one do ?

If you're a dealer there are many legitimate buyers here who feel that dealers take over everything we have where individuals could buy / sell their own vehicles and such...
Cars.com, ebay, now Facebook Marketplace, every little corner gets took over, next thing you know it's almost impossible to find a private seller among it all.  

Regular buyers may not always want to buy from dealers.

So when dealers is all you have, then 0 FB buyers is all that attracts.

Message 26 of 27
latest reply

So if your objection is to buying from a dealer who lists his cars on eBay, I think the solution is simple.

Don't shop on eBay for motor vehicles.  There are vehicles listed in the classified ads of newspapers, on CL, on Facebook Marketplace and probably a dozen other places.  Shop there for your cars.  

I still don't get why the OP would be worried about he is selling that has a bidding war or why he is sad about it.

Message 27 of 27
latest reply